Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Creeper Neogen promoted robot card states "May not be used for a space colony" (presumably because it is 0 mass and therefore 0VP). Can Creeper Neogen still use the Bioengineering op to create humans for a colony? I hope so, otherwise my colony is robot-only and 6VP instead of 12!

2. If a promoted robot enters Vats, and gets unpromoted (e.g. due to Alzheimer's), what happens? Does it immediately decant, or does it stay in the Vats as an unpromoted robot? Does it need a midwife?

3. Can promoted robots become domestics?

4. Can a pilot do multiple types of brakes as a single braking operation?

5. If the speed disk is at "dead stop", but the rocket piece is laying down (because during the previous turn, the speed was 1/2), is the starship considered "dead-stopped"? E.g. for purposes of exploring, refueling, forming a colony?

[PS -- My second time was much more successful. All humans died again, this time in the Vats, but a colony of promoted robots formed on Sirius, and one of them bioengineered humans, for a total of 12VP!]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Does the final bioengineering op (when forming a colony) require an unspent disk, and can a biotech perform it twice if it has two disks? The rules talk about the next generation, so I'm not sure if this is an operation that occurs normally during the final turn, or assumed to occur in an abstracted future turn up at a colony.

Also, your answer to #2 makes it possible for unprompted robots to be in the vats, which is not normally allowed. Is this a kind of exception?

By the way, humans, promoted robots, and robonauts all have a "dormant" state (vats or powered down), but unprompted robots do not. Why aren't robots allowed to power down?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
andrewdoull wrote:

3. They can. Note they can't perform the parenting operation.

In which way can promoted robots become domestics? I thought this profession is reserved for Human on Board symbol which is absent on robot cards. I know it is possible to put Domestics to a Robonaut via Invent operation (but I have objections to that domestic Robonaut nevertheless).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
improove wrote:
andrewdoull wrote:

3. They can. Note they can't perform the parenting operation.

In which way can promoted robots become domestics? I thought this profession is reserved for Human on Board symbol which is absent on robot cards. I know it is possible to put Domestics to a Robonaut via Invent operation (but I have objections to that domestic Robonaut nevertheless).
I think it comes from the rule that promoted robots are to be treated as humans (with some exceptions that apparently do not include prohibiting domestic profession). I like this rule, it allows the possibility of robots marrying humans, for example, which I think is fun to imagine.

Do you see any reason not to allow promoted robots to be domestics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.