The Grizzled: At Your Orders!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Duo - Passing of support tokens - Need house rule? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Sumski
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
My wife and I just played our first Duo game and ended up in a no-win situation. In the base game, you would pass your support token to whoever you gave support to (including the chaplain). However, the dummy player has its own tokens in At Your Orders and the rulebook didn't help us with what to do when both of us gave our support to the dummy player.

We just assumed that we keep the support tokens that would have gone to the chaplain in the old 2-player version (alternative would be to give them to the dummy player and never see them again in the rest of the game). By the end of the game, I had all of the 'rights' and she had all of the 'lefts'. This meant we could only give support to the dummy player for the rest of the game.

As a result, since I had 3 hard knocks cards, I was stuck with a hard knocks card in my hand that I was never going to be able to play (since Merry Christmas had come out earlier in the game). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

It seems that the only way around this is for me to give my "right" token to my wife even though she didn't win the support majority and vice versa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dennett
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Always play to win, don't care if you lose.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I understand your problem. Those special tiles are for the solo game, not for the duo. Use normal support tiles for the duo game for all 3 players (you two and the "dummy"). Your "dummy" player is also supporting (you pick a random tile of its when it withdraws and flip it face up). That tile will go to one of you guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sumski
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Oops....thanks Chris!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.