12 Posts

Apocrypha Adventure Card Game» Forums » News

Subject: On the way? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Childress
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you who don't keep up routinely with the Apocrypha site, this was the most recent update from the Sharks:

"All boats containing The World have left for their respective ports. We'll let you know when they reach those places."

So, it looks like the first set is finally on its way to the distributors, and here's hoping for fair winds and a speedy ocean voyage! Despite the back and forth a lot of people experience in regards to this game, I am as excited as ever knowing it is on it's way to our shores in it's final completed state.

So ready to kick start the end of the world!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
badge
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they ever make that gameplay video with the finished game components? I skipped on the Kickstarter and want to have a good idea about the end product before I jump into this franchise.

A good comparison video to the Arkam Horror card game would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boshar wrote:
Did they ever make that gameplay video with the finished game components? I skipped on the Kickstarter and want to have a good idea about the end product before I jump into this franchise.

Nope. None. I still don't know how this game actually plays

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Woodley
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I Plan, Dice laugh
mbmbmbmbmb
boshar wrote:

In the mean time I've decided to just go all in on the Arkham Horror card game and I'm having a blast. I'd be massively surprised if this game even comes close to the quality of Arkham Horror as a gaming experience. My prediction is that Apocrypha will be a bloated clunky mess of a game but as a backer I'd like to wrong about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Woodley
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I Plan, Dice laugh
mbmbmbmbmb
From an earlier post dated 21st January this year and in response to the question "Can we see a game play video?" Mike responded:

"Oh, definitely. That's one of our highest priorities, now that we have a final set to play with. It's unclear whether we'll wait until we have final cards in hand, though. It would be nice to make a video with something you'll be playing with."

This high priority has yet to be fulfilled as of 3rd of July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yesbryn wrote:
From an earlier post dated 21st January this year and in response to the question "Can we see a game play video?" Mike responded:

"Oh, definitely. That's one of our highest priorities, now that we have a final set to play with. It's unclear whether we'll wait until we have final cards in hand, though. It would be nice to make a video with something you'll be playing with."

This high priority has yet to be fulfilled as of 3rd of July.

His June 13th post on KS is more salient:
"As I've been saying, we're not doing a gameplay video until we have a copy of the final game. Which, as it turns out, we just got yesterday, so we can now begin that process. Our goal is to have the final video ready on our release date of August 17."

I share your frustration at having to wait ... and I'm someone who's played the game dozens of times (PnP, cons, and at LSG's offices). I'm sure they'd like to have a quality video out sooner than August 17th -- and are probably working to that end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keen to try this game. Pathfinder Adventure Card Game always sounded tempting, but the theme here is more up my alley and I'd like to see what they do when developing their own game instead of a licensed property.

Might be better. Might be worse. I'm just excited to find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
Ireland
Kilkenny
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boshar wrote:

From the Kickstarter comments:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loneshark/the-apocrypha...

Question - Can we get a nice video of a play-through with the current rules sometime in the near future?

Lone Shark Games - Our goal is to have that by launch day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I just received the "confirm address for shipping" email from kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(cross-posted to another thread)

A quick update:

My copy arrived in the mail today (in Maryland). I preordered the game after the Kickstarter campaign ended, so it looks like the preorder/backer games are being shipped out together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Childress
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to everyone who got their copies! It's going into Saturday now and I have been seeing all the exciting posts of people all around the US getting their copies, but I have yet to see mine arrive. Starting to get the waiting jitters, hoping something didn't go wrong with my delivery. Still, I know the final shipments just left yesterday so here's hoping soon. Hope everyone's enjoying their end times!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wkover wrote:
I preordered the game after the Kickstarter campaign ended, so it looks like the preorder/backer games are being shipped out together.

For shipping purposes, the Kickstarter and PledgeManager orders were both part of the same batch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.