Hide
4 Posts

Arcadia Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about the dragon scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil K
msg tools
I am so lost with one thing with the dragons. The first part of the encounter is to ground the dragon but it mentions nothing about the death curses. Is it treated the same way as the final mission where u immediately draw death curse cards when you die? Or do you essentially have nothing bad happen to you when you die? It is very unclear in the rulebook. It says you discard your death curses and death tokens when moving to the next encounter but there is no way to get death curses... And there is no use in keeping track of the death tokens... Idk why they are not more clear with this in the rules... I am pretty confused. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
1) No, you do not add death curses when you kill people. That is a specific rule in the final misson of the core game and another variant of it exists in Beyond the Grave. But it doesn't happen in Inferno and I don't believe in Pets either.

That rule is specifically for that mission.

2) Essetntially, death has little consequences in the dragon scenario.
Part of it is because the second half is a co-op and it will be stupid if people screw each other in the first half then realize they can't finish the mission because of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil K
msg tools
Ok thank You! So there is no real reason to keep track of deaths then? And you can't really get death curses in the mission aside from maybe character abilities or something. It just said to discard death tokens and curse cards so I was just wondering why they would include that I guess. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
It matters if you track medals and it matters because there are a couple of items that deal with death tokens. I think there's a book that says you get +1 dice or reroll for any death token in your guild or something like that.

Apart from that, you could get death curses via some abilities like Helen, but they become pointless in the second half of the dragon mission as it is co-op.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.