Subject: Retreating to a hero-occupied tile? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Santiago Torres
Spain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, the subject pretty much says it. Can you retreat from a combat to a tile occupied by another hero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reference guide doesn't say :/. The only cases it explicitly says that two characters may occupy the same space is when you come out of the catacombs or in the treasure chamber. It explicitly says that you cannot enter an occupied space in a couple other places. It unfortunately doesn't say for the case of escaping.

My personal ruling would be "no" - the other character blocks you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with sgbeal, we always rule an occupied space as blocked. Same way for dark rooms, if you have to exit into an occupied space, they you go straight back

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rickard
Sweden
Växjö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The rules only specify that you ignore doors and portcullis during your retreat. Retreating into an occupied tile is (probably) forbidden given that you can't move into an already occupied tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the other posters about not being able to retreat into a hero occupied space. Given the "every adventurer for themself" nature of the game, you could imagine the other hero barricading the door to prevent the retreating hero and the monster chasing the retreating hero from entering their space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Torres
Spain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thnak you all for the clarification, I'll do as suggested and will be a "no" in my games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United Kingdom
HITCHIN
HERTS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are retreating from combat would that not be to the previous tile which should be hero free?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
therdfamily wrote:
If you are retreating from combat would that not be to the previous tile which should be hero free?

That's an excellent point. Maybe that's why the book doesn't address this directly. Indeed, page 12 of the rules (3E [edit: 3E Revised]) say:

Quote:
When a Hero successfully escapes, he must leave the Dungeon chamber where he encountered the Monster and return to the Dungeon chamber he entered from.

So... problem solved. Colin for the win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.