Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig McNicholas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all,

I really want to enjoy this game!

After a few plays of horde mode my criticisms are:

1. It feels a little repetitive, clear wave, move a tile, rinse repeat.

2. Spawn rate seems exceedingly high. I end up with one corridor running 2-3 tiles long full of xenos.

3. Without some form of alien AI deck it makes the aliens too easy to plan for.

I have started a google spreadsheet with ideas that I am opening up to the public: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19GIKnJiUpMZO2fAhSqgd...

First we are trying to come up with a number of events that alter the way the aliens/marines etc. play to make it more narrative.

Things that will alter the appearance position/rate of the xenos or create weapon jams etc.

The goals of this project are to:

1. To provide Actual missions

E.g. place several tokens face down, the marines have to find the data chip. This progresses to the next part of the mission where they have to reinitalise the ships systems and finally eject the hive.

2. Event deck

To make it more thematic but also provide pressure to the good guys, during setup a number of cards would go into this deck and it would represent time pressure. If the good guys fail to progress a mission before it runs out then "bad stuff happens" if you progress you get more cards put into the deck.

3. Event deck should be 2 fold as it should not only have instant effects but also turn based implications for automation of aliens e.g "this turn aliens prefer the second longest route to enemies" or "aliens prefer to gain cover this turn and must "hide" if able to" etc.

Anyway the spreadsheet is open and this thread is here for ideas, thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Lekkas
Greece
Karditsa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish you success mate. I love home projects

Cheers,
K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter Burke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too wish you the best of luck, because I agree with what you've said here.

A thought I had recently; I wonder if there is a way to use Legendary Encounter: Alien Deck building game cards to create variety in AvP:Hunt Begins. Afterall there are already full barracks and alien hive cards available. It that's a seperate idea/thread.

Here's some ideas for you:

"They mostly come a night" - all Aliens this turn operate with hidden modifiers.

"Let's build a camp fire, sing some songs" - aliens in hidden lose their modifiers this turn.

"How do I get out of this chicken Sh!t outfit?" - marines movement is a run (2) instead of (1).

"What are we supposed to use? Harsh language?" - marines cannot use pulse rifles this turn. Flame and shotgun weapons only. Roll 1-10 on smartgunner to see if he remembered secret ammo.

"Flame units only" - it's what it says. Other units get additional move to create retreat effect.

"What do you mean they cut the power?" - marines reset back to tokens this turn even in LOS.

"Short controlled bursts" - marines get ROA 2 if targets are one tile away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McNicholas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Carter_Burke wrote:
I too wish you the best of luck, because I agree with what you've said here.

A thought I had recently; I wonder if there is a way to use Legendary Encounter: Alien Deck building game cards to create variety in AvP:Hunt Begins. Afterall there are already full barracks and alien hive cards available. It that's a seperate idea/thread.

Here's some ideas for you:

"They mostly come a night" - all Aliens this turn operate with hidden modifiers.

"Let's build a camp fire, sing some songs" - aliens in hidden lose their modifiers this turn.

"How do I get out of this chicken Sh!t outfit?" - marines movement is a run (2) instead of (1).

"What are we supposed to use? Harsh language?" - marines cannot use pulse rifles this turn. Flame and shotgun weapons only. Roll 1-10 on smartgunner to see if he remembered secret ammo.

"Flame units only" - it's what it says. Other units get additional move to create retreat effect.

"What do you mean they cut the power?" - marines reset back to tokens this turn even in LOS.

"Short controlled bursts" - marines get ROA 2 if targets are one tile away.

~Yer the alien legendary cards are really what inspired me to start this, the missions for legendary are really well structured and great fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter Burke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

~Yer the alien legendary cards are really what inspired me to start this, the missions for legendary are really well structured and great fun.

A way of combining the two would be AWESOME.
I'm not sure how though, and I don't want to digress from your thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.