Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping to start selling a fair number of games (100+) and wondering whether people felt it was better to sell all of them in one big auction, or to break it up into smaller more manageable auctions.

The one large one seems to make sense as people might be more inclined buying as they can combine shipping. But trying to pack and sell that many games might be difficult especially with my work hours.

The smaller auctions would be easier to manage but likely make less money as less shipping benefit would reduce interest.

Any other considerations I'm missing?

And a poll just cause.

Poll
One big auction or more smaller one?
One big auction
More smaller ones
Other
      25 answers
Poll created by Bruiser419

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zac Jensen
United States
Sedro Woolley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You stated my thoughts already. One big auction is definitely the one I would like AS A BUYER. But you would have to be ok with doing a ton more work. I'd guess you would probably make more and sell more from a big auction than a bunch of little ones. There's plenty of people that won't bother buying just one game unless they are desperate or the price is amazing. Anyways, good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would do one big one, as you said people would like to combine shipping. However if you are worried about being able to ship them all in a timely manner then just make sure you are clear about that in the auction rules.

Shouldn't be an issue if you warn people ahead of time it might take you a bit of time to get everything out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.