6 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Taking something that belongs to someone else (Box 4 spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Chamberlain
msg tools
Hi

Pretty certain this is coming up in tonight's game and want to get the rules straight.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Conquering a Colony - the rules state that when you succeed without taking damage, take the Colony card and any structures etc. I assume, that you would get 1 glory for the successful raid endeavour, 1 for the activated colony (you place a colony marker on it), and a further 1 point for any structure on it (possibly more if Museum or Reliquary).

I also assume the player who has lost the colony, would lose 1 Glory he got from activating the colony, and 1 (or more) for the building.

Looking through the Captain's log unofficial FAQ, it does indicate that there's an error in the text, and that you only need to succeed without sinking, but not sure if we'll go that way as the RAW seems like a good trade for the benefit you get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyp Ganner
Belgium
flag msg tools
It seems to me you need all the successes to conquer.

If you take damage, you can still raid.

That's how we played it anyway.

I just took a look at the FAQ but couldn't find the error you're referring to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Chamberlain
msg tools
There's a post around page 4 or 5 of the FAQ where Rob clarifies there was an error in the print and conquering only needs to be successful, not with no damage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyp Ganner
Belgium
flag msg tools
Ok, found it.

It's followed by a lengthy discussion about whether he was talking specifically about Ker or about all the colonies.

It doesn't seem like people reached a consensus.

I'll continue conquering colonies my way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
badge
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
mbmbmbmbmb
i would play it the way you laid out. i think "without taking dmg" is much more reasonble than not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Officially, the most recent clarification from Rob is that
(Box 4)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
colony conquest only requires a successful endeavor (ie, roll one success and don't sink). I agree with Colin that this change makes conquest far too easy, and prefer to play by the rules as they are written in this particular case.

The Captain's Log is just a record of clarifications/comments/errata from the development team, not a recommended set of rules. In this particular case, I disagree with the errata, and prefer RAW. My recommendation would be to decide as a group which rule you prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.