Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any games that play similarly to the video game FTL?

But I'm not looking for real-time games, I want turn-by-turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've heard Deep Space D-6 is like FTL, but I haven't played it myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justen Brown
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlestations is exactly FTL. The creators of FTL said they never heard of it but there are so many similarities that I can't come to believe that. A new edition is being released later this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hopkins
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Captain Is Dead definitely has the FTL feel. Good challenging game too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaybeethree wrote:
Battlestations is exactly FTL. The creators of FTL said they never heard of it but there are so many similarities that I can't come to believe that. A new edition is being released later this year.

This, except I can totally believe that they hadn't heard of an obscure board game. I've never managed to play it myself, despite years of owning a copy and looking for people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justen Brown
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bwian wrote:
jaybeethree wrote:

This, except I can totally believe that they hadn't heard of an obscure board game. I've never managed to play it myself, despite years of owning a copy and looking for people.

In the internet era I'm just skeptical. Maybe they haven't played it, but it's likely they saw pictures of it and subconsciously influenced their design. They are so close in design and aesthetics, right down to the individual aliens and the look of ship components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The developers of FTL have mentioned Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game and Red November as inspiration for FTL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Horror Leader wrote:
The developers of FTL have mentioned Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game and Red November as inspiration for FTL.

Interesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.