10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon] Heavy Steam $18.57 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Mosher
msg tools
mb
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00X0CHCCE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is this a good game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Journey
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it priced at $21.88, which is still an amazing price. Fulfilled by Amazon, so it doesn't appear to be one of the many recent Chinese-based scams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Gates Mills
Ohio
flag msg tools
Send me a trade offer!
badge
Buying your rare games since 2015
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
is this a good game?

I honestly have no idea, but at just over $23 shipped for a game that's usually around $60, I'm happy to make a blind buy and find out for myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Journey
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Corsairs wrote:
jwspiker wrote:
is this a good game?

I honestly have no idea, but at just over $23 shipped for a game that's usually around $60, I'm happy to make a blind buy and find out for myself.

Original MSRP was $80, so this is almost 75% off. I've had this on my wishlist for a long time. Not sure who I'll play this with, but for right around $20, that's the right price to take a chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream I dream alone is reality.
badge
When I cease to dream, you cease to exist.
mbmbmbmbmb
Game is decent. My one complaint that holds me back from playing more often is that the game outstays it's welcome. It feels way too long for what it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mosher
msg tools
mb
Well, that changed quickly. It's up to $28 now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
Athens
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the game is pretty good if you have the right impressions going in.

1) it's a medium heavy-ish game with a learning curve, so you'll have to invest some time into it before it opens up

2) the game is slower paced. It feels like you're controlling a lumbering, slow steam tank (which fits thematically) as opposed to a super fast, dynamic mech.

3) The game is fiddly in so far as you'll be pushing cubes and cubes and cubes as you allocate and manage your steam (energy) to maneuver your mech.

4) The game comes with a lot of content in terms of mech customization, but it only features 1 battlefield deck (if I'm recalling correctly). The battlefield seems to be where the game would have expanded itself next, but it appears like this is another title that GBG is no longer supporting. So, in short, it's a GBG title and that may or may not turn you off to it.

Even with the above, I think there are some really neat things going for the game, and if you're okay with a slower-paced game, it can be rewarding to manage your mech efficiently. I'd recommend it, especially at this price or under $30 generally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Nationlist
mbmbmbmbmb
With import fees and postage it works out at £37.63 delivered to the United Kingdom. For a game which retails at around £50 here, and the normally eye-wateringly expensive United States international postal rates this is a pretty good deal even for international customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the Amazon price is auto adjusting to find an equilibrium between price and demand. Been rising all day. Booo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.