15 Posts

Deadball» Forums » General

Subject: Card Option rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
One of the reasons I love deadball so much is that I don't have to cut out cards for every team. I love having cards in my hand, but it always seems like a chore especially when I'm only playing one-off games here or there.

However, if I ever have some favorite teams or want to do a long-term project, it'd be cool to use cards, and that's why I want to add an option to my team rater to generate team cards.

Here's a prototype...what do you all think...layout, categories, etc, I want to hear some feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
allen m
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
These look great. I would be up for printing out cards for players I use a lot. Right now I have a 4x6 note card that I write down all the players from a team on and then use that as a reference for creating line-ups and subs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
You know you can print right off the lineup generator, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Akers
msg tools
designer
publisher
adicecan88 wrote:
These look great. I would be up for printing out cards for players I use a lot. Right now I have a 4x6 note card that I write down all the players from a team on and then use that as a reference for creating line-ups and subs.

You can also do this on the official scorecard with rosters, if you want it to be prettier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
I like that sheet but there isn't enough room for Subs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Akers
msg tools
designer
publisher
tjans wrote:
I like that sheet but there isn't enough room for Subs.

That's true. No room for a separate pitcher section, which I know some people like. Once DB09 is finished (this week or next!), maybe I'll go back and tinker with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
Honestly, you might be better off making it a single pager and just do the front/back thing. That's how I've always done it. I score for my son's team and we just use two sheets, one for each team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Rod
msg tools
mb
I really like the card option

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
Almost got the card option working:

Once I finish this, I'll add these to the Tabletop Simulator game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
Card option completed. You are now presented with a second button, "Create Team Cards" that instead of a sheet creates a set of cards 16 to a page. You can print directly or print to a PDF for storage.

I'm going to add an enhancement soon that adds a "Team Card" as the first card so that you can print that off with it and use it as a cover card.

Lastly, be sure to enter a team name or it'll create the cards with "Unknown Team" in the title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
I think I need a way to distinguish between pitcher and batter cards. They look very similar.

I would like some feedback on this. Maybe a ball icon for pitchers and a bat icon for hitters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Wigley
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking too about how to represent a given player/pitcher with cards. One thought I had was to make it more intuitive by using color.

Green means increased offense, red means increased defense. Green increases scoring; red prevents scoring. Green is plus; red is minus.

Here's one of your cards (from the image) above, rearranged and with color added. See if you like the idea.

This approach (maybe) could have one format for players and pitchers, once you get used to the idea that red is good for fielding and pitcher skills.

Maybe the BT and WT could be larger. . .I'm not sure we "need" AB but some idea of playing time is useful. . .

Anyway, feel free to run with it if you like the general idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
Only problem is generally speaking people don't like printing things with color. Lower-ink solutions are generally the best for the "masses."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Rod
msg tools
mb
Travis

The cards are great. I love them. What are the numbers at bottom underneath the 1B 2B 3B and HR?

Luke

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
For my advanced hit distribution variant. Instead of rolling on hit table roll a d100 to determine hit type. They are a few more rules in the thread on this forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.