Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Little Big Town

Current Rules

LBT is still very much in development, so feed-back is welcome, and play at your own risk!

Game data
Play modes : competitive, cooperative, solo
Playtime : 45-60 minutes
Players : 1 - 4 players

Introduction
Players are communities that participate in the development of Little Big Town by building residential areas, industry, offices, parks, etc., that in turn will offer accommodation, leisure and working opportunities to their citizens.

Like in real towns, each player will have to learn to cooperate with other parties to further their own interests, as each community has different needs and no one can build Little Big Town alone.

The game includes tile/cube placement, stacking, and card management. The players will have to navigate a changing economic situation while trying to place their citizens at the best positions and achieving their long term goals.

Components

Game visuals

A - setup, B and C - play in progress

Symbols
Residential area

Office area

Industry

Waste management

Body of water

Park

Play modes

The game allows solo and cooperative play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing to say about the game yet, but the "meeting table" office building is very clever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen Brunborg-Næss
Norway
Son
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Absolutely LOVE the stacking of cubes and tiles! Looks fantastic :-)

Have to go deeper into the game rules, but it seems really intriguing.

One thing: your setup says 6 black cards and 47 of the other colours. There are 9 of each colour in the deck, so the five colours except black will total 45. Don't know if this affects gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gwarv wrote:
One thing: your setup says 6 black cards and 47 of the other colours. There are 9 of each colour in the deck, so the five colours except black will total 45. Don't know if this affects gameplay.

Black cards are goals, so I removed repetitions so that no two players end with the same goal. Should have explained that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen Brunborg-Næss
Norway
Son
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
One thing is missing in the rules (or I just didn't find it): What is the cost of placing cubes?

I have not had the chance to test this game, but I am concerned about the balance of scoring tiles vs cubes. It seems cubes are a much better way to score points than tiles, yet placing tiles is what enables placing cubes. So one player places a residential tile as level 3 on a stack, scoring 3 points. Her second action is placing a cube on the same tile, which also happens to be next to water and park, scoring 5 points. The next player can potentially place two cubes on the same tile, for 5+5 points.

Then say the stack didn't have water next to it, so the first player gets 2+4. The second player chooses to increase the value of the stack by placing water next to it, for 1 point, and gets 5 points for a cube. Then the third player can place two cubes and get 5+5.

I might have misunderstood something, but it seems you do not really wish to place tiles, you wish to sit behind the players placing tiles. And placing water or parks really only makes sense if you hold the appropriate goal card, in which case you will spend the game facilitating other people's cube scoring.

I understand actions are limited by the available tiles and the available cards, so in most turns you won't be able to do what you want, but this will probably mean that some players will get extremely lucky at some time, and scoring 10 points in a round might be a game breaker.

I would suggest increasing the incentives to placing tiles, or simply limiting the possibilities of placing cubes by allowing only one cube action or round. At least not allow placing two cubes in the same tile in the same round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls