United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Game on
badge
Game Time
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. I've found two different answers for this so wanted to askbplease. When Carcharius does Feeding Frenzy, he must do the whole card? As in no matter what everyone he uses his basic ability the Kraken Pool goes up?

I saw where someone posted you don't have to do effects you can just use stat line? But, I can't find that in the rules?!

Thabjs for your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Tremblay
msg tools
mb
Its the first question under Deep Lords in the FAQ:

---------------------

Deep Lords

Q: Many Deep Lords Skills say “Increase Your
Kraken Pool by X: <Effect>”. Is this optional?
A: Yes. Each of these effects is an optional trigger
that you may use in addition to the rest of the Skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pflugh
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Game on
badge
Game Time
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Looking at the FAQ now.

If I may ask, it says "each of these effects" ... so you can pick one of the effects up until the period at the end and not the other? Example being the card I mentioned, does this seem right:
1. For him, I could just roll the dice and use the stats at the bottom.
2. I could do the above and the first part up to the period (6 is a bleed).
3. Do the above and the last part (5+ re-roll w Kraken pool increase, because I'm assuming you can't dissect parts of a sentence to take the good and not the bad). This increase is a payment for the 5+ re-roll per the fAQ that you would need to be willing to pay.
4. Do it all.

Sorry for the confusion. I can't find anywhere in the main rule-book where it says you don't have to do effects or can do one but not the other? I understand the FAQ answers that, but that seems like a big deal to be left out? I'm sure it says it and I just missed it.

Thanks again for your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pflugh
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Game on
badge
Game Time
mbmbmbmbmb
On that note, do you get to see what you rolled then decide to optionally pick the effect? Or do you have to state the whole effect is in play or part of it before hand etc?
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.