BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Netherlands

Subject: Facebook group? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liron Levy
Netherlands
Guda
flag msg tools
Is there any dutch Facebook group to buy/sell games, talk about games, arrange game nights?

I just moved from Israel to the Netherlands and we had a Facebook group there which was super useful..
But I can not find nothing like that for the Netherlands...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
You may want to check out the Dutch-speaking forum Bordspelmania. There may be individual groups using Facebook, but that forum is really where everyone ends up sooner or later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's this: https://www.facebook.com/groups/780216735338362/ (Gezelschapspellen Markt) for sales.

There's also www.bordspelmania.eu for everything gaming-related in the Low Countries (sales, gamenights, clubs, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lrs drn
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I don't know of any English language Facebook groups (but I'm not an expert), but you can find several groups on Meetup.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These 2 groups are for sales, but (you guessed it) the are in Dutch
But you can post in English if you want.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1899006303656910/?ref=ts&fre...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/102781556721844/?ref=ts&fref...

Be welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steye
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This one is just to talk about games:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/953123878059395/

As for game nights: check out your local board game shop and/or search on Meetup.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Doctor
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Woohoo, an overtext!
badge
Woohoo, a second overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm aware of at least three of those groups, and a fourth that covers the Dutch speaking part of Belgium as well as part of NL.

So yes, they exist, and unfortunately are scattered a bit. A lot of people tend to post their games in two of them, as nobody besides me seems to be on all four of them :)

There might be more, of course.

The dutch terms of 'bordspel' (boardgame) and 'gezelschapsspel' (game to play with company, basically also boardgame) might be useful in searches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Doctor
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Woohoo, an overtext!
badge
Woohoo, a second overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
cymric wrote:
You may want to check out the Dutch-speaking forum Bordspelmania. There may be individual groups using Facebook, but that forum is really where everyone ends up sooner or later.

Nope, definitely not everyone. Still think it should not exist.

The weird Dutch way of having their own versions of everything.
Amazon? No we have Bol. Facebook? No, we have Hyves (well, had... FB did manage to win) Ebay? No we have Marktplaats! (which was bought by ebay, btw, because they got sick of not getting a market in NL for ebay) BoardGameGeek? No we'll create our own BordspelMania!

Germans are generally more nationalistic then us, but even they use ebay and amazon and BGG. But sure, Dutch and Flemish people need their own.

BGG rocks, and everyone on BM should move here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't even aware of borspelmania until recently. But then again, I make a point of searching for information in English if in any way possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henk-Jan van der Ploeg
Netherlands
Opperdoes
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BOL.com begins in Germany in 1999 (BOL: Bertelsmann On-Line). So it were the germans that started it whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone dobbed me in for calling my self "Noisy Andrew" instead of using my real name. So face book took my login away and would not give it back until I sent them a pic of my passport or drivers licence..

Which i was not about to do..

At which point i moved to G+. Not many of my friends used it (which is good as now i interact properly with all my other friends that were only in touch with me though facebook before).. The G+ community is way smaller but is also way more interactive than facebook. A place for hanging out or exchanging ideas with people you don't know.

It also has a really active boardgames community..
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/11122997794557924017...

Maybe that will help you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
dok33 wrote:
No we'll create our own BordspelMania!

Are you familiar with the history of BSM? I don't think you are, you see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liron Levy
Netherlands
Guda
flag msg tools
dok33 wrote:
cymric wrote:

Amazon? No we have Bol. Facebook? No, we have Hyves (well, had... FB did manage to win) Ebay? No we have Marktplaats! (which was bought by ebay, btw, because they got sick of not getting a market in NL for ebay) BoardGameGeek? No we'll create our own BordspelMania!

Germans are generally more nationalistic then us, but even they use ebay and amazon and BGG. But sure, Dutch and Flemish people need their own.

hahahahhah... yea BordspelMania look kinda odd for me as it look just like an old forum (I think we stopped use those in Israel at the 90's)... and I probably wont use it as it makes you go check what new every time and look in different section... I'm too lazy for that

about Marktplaats I have to say it is great used it a bunch since I'm here.. I know in Germany they have a kinda of ebay app that work the same...

and Bol is 99% just more expensive then amazon.de :O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liron Levy
Netherlands
Guda
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone for the help

I will look on the facebook groups you pointed out for me I can read some dutch plus I master my google translate so it is all fine

about going to a game store I do it every week for a game night, though I want to start (or find) my own game group or game friends that will meet to play more heavy games that won't fit in a store game night, or just to play when you feel like it I do not have much success in this area as most people I have met here seems to be "busy" all the time or just want to plan a month ahead... and then it cancel sometimes...
(dunno if this a dutch thing or I just met the wrong people so far)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Sarjant
Netherlands
Wageningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are you located? Perhaps people know of groups that are active in your area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liron Levy
Netherlands
Guda
flag msg tools
Effervex wrote:
Where are you located? Perhaps people know of groups that are active in your area?

I'm from gouda

this is my game collection:
https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/R3Dr4gon?own=1&sub...

and I'm free to play all the time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then you should visit Spelgroep Phoenix in Capelle. They have a game night today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dok33 wrote:
cymric wrote:

I'm sorry.

Bordspelmania and BGG can coexist. Like Spielbox or TricTrac or Cliquenabend or... There are reasons enough for these sites to keep on going.

The weird Dutch way of having versions of everything in their own language... is not that weird.

Hyves was here before Facebook. Amazon? it sells e-books. That's it. E-books. Amazon. We should all go to Amazon. Just like we should all go to just one supermarket. Just one clothing shop. Just one...

BGG is awesome, but it is not for everyone.

Disclaimer: I was one of the guys who started Bordspelmania.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liron Levy
Netherlands
Guda
flag msg tools
anijunk wrote:
Then you should visit Spelgroep Phoenix in Capelle. They have a game night today.

Unfortunately I'm still new here (6 months) still didn't buy a car so it was too short of a notice
but I will go there next week see what it is about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Spee
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
Let's Play!
mbmbmbmbmb
Liron,

You are welcome to join us! We are easy reachable by train from Gouda. Our location is a 5 minute walk from train station Capelle schollevaar, which has a direct connection to Gouda.
We have meet-ups every thuesday and we regulary have Foreign visitors at our group. So that's not a problem.
For morte information in Englisch about our group:
http://www.spelgroepphoenix.nl/index.php/home/english
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liron Levy
Netherlands
Guda
flag msg tools
Legolias wrote:
Liron,

You are welcome to join us! We are easy reachable by train from Gouda. Our location is a 5 minute walk from train station Capelle schollevaar, which has a direct connection to Gouda.
We have meet-ups every thuesday and we regulary have Foreign visitors at our group. So that's not a problem.
For morte information in Englisch about our group:
http://www.spelgroepphoenix.nl/index.php/home/english

will come as soon as I have free dinsdag which is almost every time except next week in which case I'm in Spain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Spee
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
Let's Play!
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. we are playing every week. So join in when it is convenient for you. I'm on Holiday in Ireland the next two weeks, but there are plenty other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.