3 Posts

Stellar Armada» Forums » Rules

Subject: Split damage? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmbmb
Can you split damage between systems, or does it only damage one at a time? I like damage one at a time better because that means even 1 shields could completely block 1 attack.

Also, is the only way to damage the reactor by destroying one of the systems? It seems a little unclear in the rules. The way I read it is that when you damage a system, up to 2 damage can go through to damage the reactor. I think they are saying, that in addition to that 2, you can attack the reactor directly if a system is destroyed but can only do up to 2 damage to it per destroyed system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:
Can you split damage between systems, or does it only damage one at a time? I like damage one at a time better because that means even 1 shields could completely block 1 attack.

Also, is the only way to damage the reactor by destroying one of the systems? It seems a little unclear in the rules. The way I read it is that when you damage a system, up to 2 damage can go through to damage the reactor. I think they are saying, that in addition to that 2, you can attack the reactor directly if a system is destroyed but can only do up to 2 damage to it per destroyed system.

You cant split damage, and yes, even 1 shield can block a whole attack

And yes, for damage to reach the reactor, a system must be destroyed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerason Banes
United States
Des Plaines
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:

Each beam weapon or missile fired can be targeted independently, forming an individual attack.

Each attack is indivisible but can overflow from a damaged system to the reactor. e.g. A beam weapon hit on 1 remaining engine will do one point of damage to the reactor after destroying the remaining engine.

Shields completely dissipate a single attack. So firing a missile at 1 point of shields is very wasteful! For example, let's say I fire two beam weapons and a single missile. In a crazy set of luck they all hit. However, you have full shields. The first and second beam weapons drop the shields to 3 and then 1 point, respectively. The missile then hits and does... one point of damage.

Since the shields dissipate the entire attack from the missile, 4 points of damage were wasted on the shields.

John1701 wrote:

You've got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.