Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Mummy's Mask – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Powers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolaas Storme
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to make a combat check, I can use a weapon, but the power on my character card says ' if you recharge a spell you can add the intelligence skill to the check' .
Does this mean I can take my strength die and add my intelligence die if I discard a spell or do a choose, play a card or use a power?

English is not my native language, could somebody explain to me in simple terms what " invoke " means.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this thread. Hawkmoon explains it in the first reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your first question slightly puzzles me, as I am not seeing a Mummy's Mask character with exactly that power.

The closest I find is Zadim, who starts with the character power:
Zadim wrote:
You may recharge a card to add your Intelligence skill ( +2) to your check that invokes the Poison (  or Acid or Undead) trait.

I'll assume you are asking about Zadim.

-- He can use this power when he is attempting any check that invokes the indicated trait.
-- He is not playing the card he recharges, so it does not count towards the "only 1 card of each type per check" limit. (The rulebook defines playing a card as either performing an action specified by the card to use a power on the card or choosing to activate a power on a displayed card.)
-- So for combat he can indeed reveal or discard or recharge a weapon and also recharge a card to use this power. In fact, if he revealed the weapon, he could then recharge *that same weapon* to use this power.

Knowing the English meaning of "invoke" wouldn't help you too much, because the game uses the term in a very specific sense. As Hawkmoon says in the linked thread above, the rulebook says a check invokes a trait if:

-- The check has that trait, or
-- The check is against a card that has that trait.

The rulebook also says a check is "against" a card if the card specifies the check (in other words, before-you-act and after-you-act checks listed on a monster's card are checks against the monster's card, just as much as the checks to defeat are).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.