Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up a copy of this last weekend, with all the components in shrink - minus any mini's. (I only paid 5 bucks). I don't particular care about replacing with GW minis - any thoughts on what I could use for replacements that look ok and aren't super expensive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:
Picked up a copy of this last weekend, with all the components in shrink - minus any mini's. (I only paid 5 bucks). I don't particular care about replacing with GW minis - any thoughts on what I could use for replacements that look ok and aren't super expensive?

Bones minis are reasonable and have some sci fi figs, might be a good place to start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:

Do you have any other GW games? Deathwatch Overkill models are a good fit.

If not, maybe the models from Doom or any of the other sci-fi dungeon crawlers would work.

If you actually want to buy a dedicated set of miniatures, then I guess Bones, as already mentioned, is a good choice. There's definitely no point trying to buy the official GW models separately, as you will pay more than the game retailed for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reaper suggestion. After thinking, I'm wondering if buying a Sedition Wars set would work, as that's supposedly a terrible (and thus cheap) game with good minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:
Thanks for the reaper suggestion. After thinking, I'm wondering if buying a Sedition Wars set would work, as that's supposedly a terrible (and thus cheap) game with good minis.

Yeah that would work well. I always thought that game had quite a Games Workshop style to it. It even has characters with sniper rifles and swords, and the strain enemies would fit in well for chaos cultists. They're just a bit more mutated!

Sedition Wars:

Assassinorum:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.