Subject: Player order variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steye
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The players'towers used to indicate turn order beg for a variant, right? To actually use them for something other than indicating which part of the wonder you're building. Clockwise turnorder is logical.. but sometimes boring? So, what if players could alter the turn order?

Some rough (brainstorm) ideas:

1. When taking the pass action, instead of drawing a card, move your tower one space on the turn order track.
The next player may not take a pass action.

2. You may discard X cards to move your tower 1 space on the turn order track. (X should be 5?)

3. You may pay X cards to the player before you to move your tower to his space on the turn order track.

What are your thoughts? Any other ideas? Cheerz!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
What if the player who gets the disk goes to last in turn order. So if you accept an offer with the "I get the disk" (sorry can't recall the name) card in it, you get to go first again, and the player who got the disc goes last?

That would make it better to accept such an offer, and worse to make one, not sure how that would change the game balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steye
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
So if you accept an offer with the "I get the disk" (sorry can't recall the name) card in it

Trader - or for some people: traitor

Interesting idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.