Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the subject says, I'm not clear on how room actions are performed. If I take an action tile that gives me two or three room actions, can I perform them all at once, only taking up one of my limited number of actions? Or can I take one room action immediately and have to wait until my next turn to take the next? Or can I perhaps not take any this turn, so that even the first room action will have to wait to next turn?

Sorry if I'm not making this very clear…

EDIT: Reading the rules again, I think it's probably the case that I can use all rooms at once, using up no actions other than the one I spent to take the action tile. But I got confused by the rulebooks talk of "Room Actions" and the fact that the markers used to show which rooms has already been used are called "Action Markers". I'd still be very happy to get a confirmation though…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan HT
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
It seems to be fairly clear from my reading and playing today:

Taking an action tile = your "TURN" (not your "ACTION")

Your TURN consists picking an action tile and then doing everything you want to on the action tile you have just picked up.

So if the action tile says [1], [2] or [3] then you select that number of your furnished rooms (or that number +1 if you have furnished the appropriate blue meta-room) and use their benefits.

The action markers are to prevent you activating any particular room more than once on your "Turn"

It is important to note that you get several "Turns" per "Round" and the only restriction on activating rooms is 'each room once per TURN' so you can activate each room again on your next turn in the same round (provided you take another room action tile of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for verifying!

Ivanht wrote:
It is important to note that you get several "Turns" per "Round" and the only restriction on activating rooms is 'each room once per TURN' so you can activate each room again on your next turn in the same round (provided you take another room action tile of course)

Ah, that part I completely missed! Thanks for pointing it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Griffiths
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
Thanks for verifying!

Ivanht wrote:

Yes - this really isn't clear in the rules... in the section on Room Actions it says "you can use the provided Action markers to prevent using a room twice". No mention of turns or rounds. Also there are 4 Action markers, but the highest room action symbol is a "3". So what is the 4th action marker for if you can re-use the same room within the same round? It's a bit confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evilevan wrote:
SpecularRain wrote:
Thanks for verifying!

Ivanht wrote:

Yes - this really isn't clear in the rules... in the section on Room Actions it says "you can use the provided Action markers to prevent using a room twice". No mention of turns or rounds. Also there are 4 Action markers, but the highest room action symbol is a "3". So what is the 4th action marker for if you can re-use the same room within the same round? It's a bit confusing.

There's a blue room that lets you take an extra room action if you take a tile with a 2 or a 3 on.

Also, I went back to the rules after writing my reply above, and I agree, it's not at all clear in the rules. Unless I'm blind it doesn't say anywhere that you take all the actions the same turn, and that you can use them again later in the same round. But the interpretation by Ivanht above does make the most sense I think. If you couldn't use the same room later in the same turn, more markers would be needed, since you would have to leave them throughout the turn, and your opponent might also need markers…

But again, the rulebook could do with some elaboration on this topic…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Horabin
United Kingdom
Hounslow
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
Spearmint - A Different Lifetime
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:

Page 3 of the rules has the 'Course of Play' which I think helps:

"Beginning with the Starting Player, you choose a face-up Action tile form he Action board, carrying out the Actions of that tile.."

It's pretty rare in any of Uwe's games that when choosing an action you can save it for your next turn, you tend to do it (or part of it) and that's it. In fact are there any of his games where you don't do this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neilhora wrote:
SpecularRain wrote:

Page 3 of the rules has the 'Course of Play' which I think helps:

"Beginning with the Starting Player, you choose a face-up Action tile form he Action board, carrying out the Actions of that tile.."

It's pretty rare in any of Uwe's games that when choosing an action you can save it for your next turn, you tend to do it (or part of it) and that's it. In fact are there any of his games where you don't do this?

Well, I really shouldn't have to own or know all his other games to be able to play this one correctly, right?

I'm satisfied that this is the correct ruling. I just think it could have been expressed more clearly in the rulebook to begin with
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.