Subject: Resolving Expedition symbols rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Buckley
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book states on p6 that the Expedition symbols, eg Death, trigger before "the rest of the symbols on a card", but on p4 that Events must be resolved before Choices. What does this mean when an Expedition symbol occurs on a Choices box below an Event box? Do I immediately resolve the Expedition effect or do I resolve the Event symbols effects first?
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
First yellow, then red, then blue is how I've played it. The death and move symbols are the first you resolve in the box you chose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rian Van Der Merwe
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
First yellow, then red, then blue is how I've played it. The death and move symbols are the first you resolve in the box you chose.

Shouldn't you resolve the symbols in the order in which they appear in the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Falk Hartelius
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
On any Expedition card always resolve yellow boxes, then red boxes, then blue boxes.

Within each box, always resolve left to right. P6 is meant to clarify that you cannot resolve them in any other way; eg you cannot advance before taking damage if the damage comes first!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Molloy
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
Jsbuckley wrote:
The rule book states on p6 that the Expedition symbols, eg Death, trigger before "the rest of the symbols on a card", but on p4 that Events must be resolved before Choices. What does this mean when an Expedition symbol occurs on a Choices box below an Event box? Do I immediately resolve the Expedition effect or do I resolve the Event symbols effects first?
Thanks

First, do each box in order: Yellow>Red>Blue. Then do each symbol within a box left-to right.

What is intended in this wording is that if you advance to the Lost City, you don't need to resolve the rest of the card. Similarly, if you die before you walk, you're dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Wooden
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunc wrote:
Similarly, if you die before you walk, you're dead.

One of the classic quotes of all time!

Loving the game BTW - both solo and co-op. Just need to try head-to-head...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Buckley
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK thanks guys that explains it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Marinov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The explanation of Expedition symbols had me super confused as well. The way it's worded makes me think there is a distinct rule for triggering these two symbols, which overwrites the normal rules. A better explanation would be: "If triggering an Advance symbol moves your pawn to the last expedition card, you immediately win the game (disregard any remaining effects on this card or any card in the path). Similarly, if triggering an effect kills your last explorer, you immediately lose the game."

Anyway, we played correctly and really enjoyed the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.