Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Help and How-To

Subject: account deleted? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B C
msg tools
My previous account was seemingly deleted.

My login didn't work; when I attempted to retrieve password, it said my username didn't exist; when I attempted to retrieve username, it said that no account was associated with the email I entered. But searching through that email, I find my "BoardGameGeek email verification" email for the account I created (last year).

So I created a new account using the same email address. It is as if my previous user account has been completely deleted.

Judging from my emails, this is also the third BGG account I've created--the other two have seemingly been deleted, through no action of my own.

I'm a casual user and have only been using the accounts over the years to keep track of games I've played. I don't login often. Was my account deleted due to inactivity? How can I prevent my current account from being deleted?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
This one?
Brian Chan
New Zealand
flag msg tools

Follow the community rules and you're fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, accounts aren't deleted due to inactivity. Only if there is serious rule-breaking. Are any of these yours?:

Brian Chan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Brian Chan
United States
California
flag msg tools
Brian Chan
msg tools
Brian Chan
msg tools
Brian Chan
Canada
flag msg tools

If so, an admin may be able to help you recover it - contact Octavian:
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to correct the implication, if an account is "nuked" for spamming or whatever, it's gone. A reference to it would produce "N/A".

You can click on the usernames col_w posted and look at Contributions to see what each account has done. But, not much (I think) so just using the current account may be easiest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brianchan5 wrote:
My previous account was seemingly deleted.

My login didn't work; when I attempted to retrieve password, it said my username didn't exist; when I attempted to retrieve username, it said that no account was associated with the email I entered. But searching through that email, I find my "BoardGameGeek email verification" email for the account I created (last year).

So I created a new account using the same email address. It is as if my previous user account has been completely deleted.

Judging from my emails, this is also the third BGG account I've created--the other two have seemingly been deleted, through no action of my own.

I'm a casual user and have only been using the accounts over the years to keep track of games I've played. I don't login often. Was my account deleted due to inactivity? How can I prevent my current account from being deleted?

Thanks!

LOL - This problem has been seen many times before. 99% chance it is the reoccurring PBKAC...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
msg tools
Thanks all. None of those accounts are mine. I've contacted Octavian to see what if anything can be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.