Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression that it wasn't.
(There's nothing under 8.1 that says, for instance, that although a general is a military unit, it doesn't roll any dice in battle.)

Yet, in the example of play, (right hand bottom corner of page 15), the general is counted as one of the four military units that bring down the number of required votes to 2.

So is it a unit after all?
That would indeed affect the Place Governor mechanic, but also the one about Disperse Mobs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The General is definitely NOT a military unit in game terms. The General is really just a marker to show who commands which army. In the example of play that you mention, I believe you may have missed that the Foederati event was used to convert a Goth to a Roman unit, giving the player 4 units in the space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tempus42 wrote:
The General is definitely NOT a military unit in game terms. The General is really just a marker to show who commands which army. In the example of play that you mention, I believe you may have missed that the Foederati event was used to convert a Goth to a Roman unit, giving the player 4 units in the space.

Ah! Quite right.
Thanks for the quick response!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.