Subject: If you are reading this, you should buy this rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Enriquez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are few expansions out there that can really transform a game, and this is one of them. The game comes with two new ways of play, both are cooperative.

The puzzle mode has you trying to discover how the board needs to be configured in order for the exit to work. This breathes new life into the game as you search for clues on how things need to be arranged and work together with your team to arrange things accordingly. There is good replayability in this mode. It wasn't so challenging that it couldn't be played with traitors.

The enigma scenarios are REALLY awesome. You are not allowed to look at the cards before hand so we did not know what we had in store. As soon as the cards were drawn, people only became more confused and horrified that this would not work. Alas, things did start coming together and victory was at hand. Even at level 1 the deduction puzzles were fun and engaging. There are 10 scenarios and they are not totally replayable. Although you won't memorize the answers, you will likely remember how to solve them and that magical experience will be gone. In the first game we played, I was able to solve a puzzle independently (nobody else got to see it), I helped solve a second, heard a lot of discussion on the third, and saw nothing of the fourth. So most players only saw one puzzle of the four. I think most of us could play the scenario in the future and still get a lot out of it.

I imagine you are reading this because you enjoy Room 25. This will only bring a whole new world of fun to the game.

Certain character powers work well for this version while others are totally useless, so if you miss those hidden agendas, I don't think this needs to be fully cooperative. Why not throw in a hidden traitor whose agenda is to escape on their own or at the very least leave most people behind? I haven't tested out the idea, but it should work. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.