Hide
9 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Boss exp and more rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
luca santomassimo
msg tools
Hi... How much exp i can take killing a boss? There isn t in the rules... And on web i ve seen a price for treasure but i don t see Gold or other thing in this game .. Can explain?

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kakashi85sl wrote:
Hi... How much exp i can take killing a boss?
Since killing the boss is pretty much usually the end of an adventure, there's no need to play past that point so there's no need for XP for the boss. HOWEVER, if you are gonna add House Rules to allow for more fun, then the standard rule-of-thumb appears to be making the bosses worth 5XP. Most monsters are 1-3XP, big, special monsters tend to be about 4XP, so bosses at 5XP is about right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was quite sure that it was not a house rule to have the boss level equal to the XP value, but as I now checked the rule book's FAQ, it only says that:
Quote:
Do I get Experience for defeating a Villain?
Yes. When you defeat a Villain, add the Villain’s card to the Experience
pile. That Experience can be spent just like other Monster
cards.
As per the rules the villains do award you experience, I am pretty sure that you are supposed to use the Villain Level as the number of experience, even though it does not seem to be specified anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luca santomassimo
msg tools
it seems right thx to both...and for the treasure and gold? i had read about people that play with a merchant npc and buy treasure...but where they take gold? is a rule of the game or just an house rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrath of Ashardalon came with treasure tokens that award gold or items. Also in Temple of Elemental Evil most of the Treasure Cards are gold. The point of gold is that both those games have a campaign system and you can buy treasure in between the adventures. Meeting the merchant during the adventure is a house rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luca santomassimo
msg tools
Bartheus wrote:
Wrath of Ashardalon came with treasure tokens that award gold or items. Also in Temple of Elemental Evil most of the Treasure Cards are gold. The point of gold is that both those games have a campaign system and you can buy treasure in between the adventures. Meeting the merchant during the adventure is a house rule.
this is nice...but i ve buyed all three the boardgame...and there isn t temple of elemental evil o.o...

edit...found it!!!!! nice thx....
just another question...do you play with the official book of d&D ? i want to create more lvl...To make sure that when you finish an adventure you keep treasures and level, not every treasures obviously ... and I would also introduce critical failure as in DeD ... any tips?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Suggest you read this file to start with:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/69547/castle-ravenloft-re...

That is for 4e, which the D&D adventure system was based on in the first place, but it might give you some ideas if you are trying to convert to 5e.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luca santomassimo
msg tools
4e? 5e? what you mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He is talking about different editions of the roleplaying game (rpg) D&D that these board games are loosely based on. The first three were made when the most current edition was D&D 4th edition (4e), ToEE has incorporated some stuff from the newest rpg edition, the fifth edition of D&D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.