Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Crispi
United States
North Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Anakin have to reach the end of the track for the Naboo side to win or can all the droids be destroyed in battle instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
njcpcc wrote:
Does Anakin have to reach the end of the track for the Naboo side to win or can all the droids be destroyed in battle instead?

I think theoretically you could win without Anakin reaching the end of the track, but I'm guessing it would probably be very, very difficult to do it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Forhan
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I have never done this, but once I came close. My opponent basically ignored the battlefield for the entire game, so it was the only game I've played where the Gungan catapults went on the offensive and wiped out nearly all of his troops. I think he still had one or two MTTs left before I finally won.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Crispi
United States
North Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you win with a majority without Anakin reaching the end? Interesting strategy your opponent had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Schaefer
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The droids have superior numbers, the ability to produce more units and send them to the palace, and Darth Maul. While it is possible to win this way, not only would you practically need to try not to reach the control ship, your opponent would almost have to be trying not to overrun the palace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke O'Hearn
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The Schaef wrote:
The droids have superior numbers, the ability to produce more units and send them to the palace, and Darth Maul. While it is possible to win this way, not only would you practically need to try not to reach the control ship, your opponent would almost have to be trying not to overrun the palace.

It is possible for the Naboo player to occupy all the entry hexes on the ground level of the palace. In this case the Feds cannot move any more droids to from the battlefield.
If the Naboo have also killed Darth Maul, it will be impossible for the Feds to ever win.

Even in this scenario, the inevitable win for Naboo is the result of inevitably shutting down the control ship. There is no guarantee that the Gungans can defeat the droid army on their own (in fact it is almost impossible, even if the Gungans are doing exceptionally well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.