Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules make a couple of references to flipping the control marker but the German symbol is on both sides.
I take it one side was supposed to show the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Houliston
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer. I would expect the publisher to make available a scan of the American symbols for purchasers to print and affix onto the affected counters. Seems like a reasonable request/fix. I'd be fine with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
The rules references are in error. We tested it both ways, with just German markers and with two sided markers. With two sided markers players kept forgetting to flip the markers on long moves through multiple areas. Pulling a marker off the board or putting one down was more instinctive and led to less board clutter as you were only marking areas that the Germans controlled. So it is not a counter production error but a deliberate choice after much testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Houliston
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmiller1093 wrote:
The rules references are in error. We tested it both ways, with just German markers and with two sided markers. With two sided markers players kept forgetting to flip the markers on long moves through multiple areas. Pulling a marker off the board or putting one down was more instinctive and led to less board clutter as you were only marking areas that the Germans controlled. So it is not a counter production error but a deliberate choice after much testing.

Makes perfect, good sense. Just ordered!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I've found several spots in the rules like that but thankfully, nothing significant to affect play or that the player can't figure out.

Have completed the first turn solo so far and am trying to get a grip on game play now.

Sometimes the 'deliberate choice' that you refer to doesnt make it into the final rules, does it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmiller1093 wrote:

You know, I was just lamenting how cluttered my Turning Point: Stalingrad map looked, and ...yeah dummy, here's how to remove half of the control markers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The color reference card (rule 4.0) is correct - it only mentions German control markers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the card.

One thing you might add in future versions is the cost to enter the respective areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
sduke wrote:
I like the card.

One thing you might add in future versions is the cost to enter the respective areas.

What is cool is that is that once you have these down, the same costs applies to Last Battle and Battleaxe (all highly recommended games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have them also.
Still a fan of putting the info on the player aid card...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.