Popular Tags: [View All]
Deft Titan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi game fans,

Using these dice layouts:

These tables do not account for triggered weapon abilities. A triggered +hit, critical, or extra attack can really offset a low hit rate. I have tables for those things, but I'm trying to keep this simple.

Average HITS (not wounds) per dice roll combo

Average shields per blue dice rolls:

Weapons - no abilities taken into account

If you like this and want more, I'd be happy to do more. I don't know what people's appetite is for this stuff.

If you'd like to see the permutations/probability and frequency distributions for all dice faces, PM me and I'll be happy to send you data.

If you believe I have made an error, please post a clear and thorough explanation of your correct method.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
I love these, please do more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm loving it meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Are you accounting for the fact that each ability can only be triggered once? 2.6 seems high for the longsword.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Stock
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You forgot one dice combination/weapon: Battle Hammer,2R 2B
I just recognized in, because I think, that the 2R2B should be one of the most powerful dice combination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A very old thread of mine fits in here quite well.

I did computer simulated attacks of a 2 red dice attacker against different kinds of stash armour, each fight 1,000,000 times.

For the ones, that didn't see it back then:

Simulated Statistics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Benzon
Denmark
flag msg tools
Im loving it! Great sheet!

For tactical purposes, when You only need to Deal 1 last point of dmg to an enemy, the value of the red dice decrease sligtly. 0.1 to be exact. AS long As we are numbercrunching, it Could be useful in 0.1 situations­čśŐ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deft Titan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RezardVareth wrote:
Are you accounting for the fact that each ability can only be triggered once? 2.6 seems high for the longsword.

It should say that neither table accounts for abilities triggered. Those will raise the percentages slightly. I have tables for those too...

Avg hits per roll for 2R is 1.6.
Longsword is 1 guaranteed hit + 2R

The Problem with longsword is slash resistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deft Titan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carraway0877 wrote:
A very old thread of mine fits in here quite well.

I did computer simulated attacks of a 2 red dice attacker...

Simulated Statistics

Attacker: 2 red dice, 0 blue dice
Defender: MaxHealth 8, Armour 0, DefenseDice 0
Avg wounds per attack: 1.5993559073473245

Well done, sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deft Titan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benzon wrote:
Im loving it! Great sheet!

For tactical purposes, when You only need to Deal 1 last point of dmg to an enemy, the value of the red dice decrease sligtly. 0.1 to be exact. AS long As we are numbercrunching, it Could be useful in 0.1 situations­čśŐ

When attacking a defender with no armor and no defense dice, and you need to score just 1 hit for a final wound, a single red die will have six sides that can score this hit, and a single blue will have just five sides.

For simplicity, I focused on hits generated instead of wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Owen
United States
Munster
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great! I did notice that you are missing 2R&2B (i.e. Battle Hammer) for your base chart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deft Titan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ironman2140 wrote:
This is great! I did notice that you are missing 2R&2B (i.e. Battle Hammer) for your base chart.

I think my battle hammer was equipped to my cleric and stored in a baggy when I did v1.

I've added all the dice combos to account for the battle hammer and the soul weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Ironman2140 wrote:
FYI, there is a similar analysis of dice outcomes per dice pool here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/124752/sword-and-sorc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deft Titan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RezardVareth wrote:
Ironman2140 wrote:
FYI, there is a similar analysis of dice outcomes per dice pool here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/124752/sword-and-sorc...

That's good work It uses cumulative numbers which might be easier for some folks to glance at.

I wanted the average hits per weapon so I could easily rank them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.