United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://store.steampowered.com/app/597970/Age_of_Rivals/

For 37 more hours as of 9pm CST PST, 7/3/2017 Mon.

So sometime just before 9:05 am Pacific time at 7/5/2017 Wed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Jacobs
Canada
Yellowknife
Northwest Territories
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: [PC and Mac on Steam] - Age of Rivals - $5 (regular price $10)
Can't say I was impressed with the game, I have it on the iOS when they had the 1$ sale. After playing Seven Wonders Duel, why would I play this game. Would rather play Seven Wonders or Seven Wonders Duel any day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yenkin2001 wrote:
Can't say I was impressed with the game, I have it on the iOS when they had the 1$ sale. After playing Seven Wonders Duel, why would I play this game. Would rather play Seven Wonders or Seven Wonders Duel any day.
7W Duels sounds interesting, but I'm going to have a difficult time getting that played, since there's no digital version of that. There's also no digital version of 7W for that matter.

Here, I can get in a game within 10 to 20 minutes vs. AI at my own convenience, and mostly true vs. others.

Besides to me, the digital mechanics add some interesting twists that'd be difficult or impossible to replicate with a physical card game (7W. I have yet to play 7W Duel).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
ackmondual wrote:
yenkin2001 wrote:
7W Duels sounds interesting, but I'm going to have a difficult time getting that played, since there's no digital version of that. There's also no digital version of 7W for that matter.

Here, I can get in a game within 10 to 20 minutes vs. AI at my own convenience, and mostly true vs. others.

Besides to me, the digital mechanics add some interesting twists that'd be difficult or impossible to replicate with a physical card game (7W. I have yet to play 7W Duel).

https://sevenee.mattle.online/lobby
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpiderCircus wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
yenkin2001 wrote:

https://snipped

Kind of crass to post a link to an illegal bootleg website version of a game in a thread where people are promoting an actual legal game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
Kind of crass to post a link to an illegal bootleg website version of a game in a thread where people are promoting an actual legal game.

"Illegal bootleg version"? What?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
hestiansun wrote:

Not exactly an illegal bootleg, just a shameless copy that skirts around copyright violation by not using any of the art from the actual game. Still looks pretty cool, though.

But Age of Rivals is a great ORIGINAL game that certainly borrows a few ideas from those other games, but manages to have its own flavor and feel when playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwiccan wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
hestiansun wrote:

Not exactly an illegal bootleg, just a shameless copy that skirts around copyright violation by not using any of the art from the actual game. Still looks pretty cool, though.

But Age of Rivals is a great ORIGINAL game that certainly borrows a few ideas from those other games, but manages to have its own flavor and feel when playing it.

Sure. That being said, most of the legit board game websites out there obtain permission from the publisher before hosting one of their games (BGA, Yucata, etc).

Which is why I found both things objectionable - this is a thread discussing Age of Rivals, so I'm not even sure how kind it would be to post up a link to a LEGITIMATE alternate game choice. Let alone an illegitimate one.

That's all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.