Hide
2 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Fun moment from play session today: "Squishy Gremlin" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Anderson
msg tools
I just love this game because it lends itself to some really awesome strategic and story driven moments! In my group and when I play by myself we/I have a rule that if you do something epic (like one shot an enemy) you have to describe how you did it to everyone.

Today when I was playing Ecarus and Thorgar were facing down a green gremlin hoard with the extra power of Vigorous given to them by spawning with a Champion shadow. This meant each one had 7 HP! arrrh.

Ecarus went in first with the Flying Maul devil He K.O.ed both Gremlins and then used his Shield Mastery power to knock one away into another area further along. I drew a Dark Tranquility Encounter Card so no enemy activation!

Next Thorgar moved into the area with the remaining K.O.ed gremlin and attacked with his Battle Hammer. He rolled 5 lightning bolts!!! He activated all of the specials on the hammer: K.O., Bash, +2 Hit and launched the gremlin into the next area with his friend now throughly squished.

Following my rule I had to describe the epic feat:

Thorgar strolls into the area and sees that Ecarus has already cleaned up the place. But then he sees a green gremlin moaning on the ground. He walks over and takes his Battle Hammer off his shoulder and then begins to line up the shot like he is playing golf. "Fore!" devil Squishy gremlin is launched into the next area that has some pillars standing in it and smashes all across the side of one.

The AI for the remaining gremlin forces it to move away one area fleeing trying to escape the same fate.

The next encounter card is "Activate 1 enemy". The poor little gremlin spurred on by the malevolent overwatch force has to turn around and charge back at the awaiting Thorgar! lol!

I am almost two times through the campaign and still loving it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Strategic Variant wrote:
I just love this game because it lends itself to some really awesome strategic and story driven moments! In my group and when I play by myself we/I have a rule that if you do something epic (like one shot an enemy) you have to describe how you did it to everyone.

Today when I was playing Ecarus and Thorgar were facing down a green gremlin hoard with the extra power of Vigorous given to them by spawning with a Champion shadow. This meant each one had 7 HP! arrrh.

Ecarus went in first with the Flying Maul devil He K.O.ed both Gremlins and then used his Shield Mastery power to knock one away into another area further along. I drew a Dark Tranquility Encounter Card so no enemy activation!

Next Thorgar moved into the area with the remaining K.O.ed gremlin and attacked with his Battle Hammer. He rolled 5 lightning bolts!!! He activated all of the specials on the hammer: K.O., Bash, +2 Hit and launched the gremlin into the next area with his friend now throughly squished.

Following my rule I had to describe the epic feat:

Thorgar strolls into the area and sees that Ecarus has already cleaned up the place. But then he sees a green gremlin moaning on the ground. He walks over and takes his Battle Hammer off his shoulder and then begins to line up the shot like he is playing golf. "Fore!" devil Squishy gremlin is launched into the next area that has some pillars standing in it and smashes all across the side of one.

The AI for the remaining gremlin forces it to move away one area fleeing trying to escape the same fate.

The next encounter card is "Activate 1 enemy". The poor little gremlin spurred on by the malevolent overwatch force has to turn around and charge back at the awaiting Thorgar! lol!

I am almost two times through the campaign and still loving it!
Not my choice of description, but that was still awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.