Hide
14 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Variants

Subject: Moonlight Greatsword vault card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pepe montoya
msg tools
I made this custom vault weapon and wanted to know what you think about it.

Update: Add 1 of base damage and it only gets +1 damage for every spell/enchantment equipped. This will give incentive for some of the magic users (like Karl) to equip a melee item. It will give incentive for melee survivors to equip a spell. It will be possible to have it cause 3 damage but not with every survivor eliminating the spell/enchantment hoarding to stack the weapon to its max attack. This is thanks to waxbottle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Antoniou
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mak logan
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
Nice job..can you clarify the damage rule? For every equipped spell you gain +1 damage for the moonlight Greatsword?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Meh
msg tools
Pretty cool.
How do you guys do this?

I'm in desperate need of additional vault cards. (just bought the npc 1 pack for that.)

But... is there someone who is willing to share their creations?
Which printing service / paper / size, etc.. do you use?

greetings,
a desperate zombicide player on a quest for vault weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pepe montoya
msg tools
ODYNH wrote:
Nice job..can you clarify the damage rule? For every equipped spell you gain +1 damage for the moonlight Greatsword?

either equipped or in your backpack. i wanted the weapon to be able to kill abominations and you can only equip two spells/enchantement (3 if the armor slot lets you).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How about 1 base damage with +1 for each combat spell or enchantment equipped? This would remove the necessity for including max 3 damage. It would give incentive for some of the magic users (like Karl) to equip a melee item. It would give incentive for melee survivors to equip a spell. It would be possible to have it cause 3 damage but not with every survivor. With your current weapon conditions, I could see just storing useless spells in a backpack to get 3 damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Thompson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
waxbottle wrote:
How about 1 base damage with +1 for each combat spell or enchantment equipped? This would remove the necessity for including max 3 damage. It would give incentive for some of the magic users (like Karl) to equip a melee item. It would give incentive for melee survivors to equip a spell. It would be possible to have it cause 3 damage but not with every survivor. With your current weapon conditions, I could see just storing useless spells in a backpack to get 3 damage.

I like this suggestion. It also keeps it from being too OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pepe montoya
msg tools

Done. =) really liked this idea better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mrcrimsonwolf wrote:

Done. =) really liked this idea better.

Nothing specifies what kind of ranged the second stat's line is: ranged ranged or magic ranged

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Houk
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea, but if you are going to make a sword a ranged item, I think it should only have 1 die. This could easily replace a bow and that is not what you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting project here.

So I'm guessing that the basic concept with this sword design, is that it is in some way channeling the energy inherent in your spells/ enchantments.

Which is a neat idea, sort of like using the spells as a battery. I'd say that there needs to be a) a hard rule on max damage, and b) a logic to how that magical energy is used to enable ranged combat--specifically, magical combat.

To this end, it seems like having the sword do ranged damage as a baseline, kind of defeats the purpose of powering the weapon with spells (other than to pump up their damage).

An alternative might be to allow the sword to do the base 1 point of melee damage, since it is a sword after all, but only add the magical ranged damage when powered by a spell?

Not saying that this is the only way to go, however, it does feel more thematic to me if the usefulness of the weapon expands to [magical] ranged attacks when it has an external power source.

Just my thoughts on this.

Regardless, I like the basic idea here, nicely done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pepe montoya
msg tools
cotj73 wrote:
I like the idea, but if you are going to make a sword a ranged item, I think it should only have 1 die. This could easily replace a bow and that is not what you want.

I did consider that, but was unsure. i want the weapon to be primarily used as closed combat weapon for mage (reason why accuracy for range is 5+). 2 dice in range makes it a viable range weapon (not what i was looking for). Will take it into heavy consideration. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pepe montoya
msg tools
QorDaq wrote:
Interesting project here.

So I'm guessing that the basic concept with this sword design, is that it is in some way channeling the energy inherent in your spells/ enchantments.

Which is a neat idea, sort of like using the spells as a battery. I'd say that there needs to be a) a hard rule on max damage, and b) a logic to how that magical energy is used to enable ranged combat--specifically, magical combat.

To this end, it seems like having the sword do ranged damage as a baseline, kind of defeats the purpose of powering the weapon with spells (other than to pump up their damage).

An alternative might be to allow the sword to do the base 1 point of melee damage, since it is a sword after all, but only add the magical ranged damage when powered by a spell?

Not saying that this is the only way to go, however, it does feel more thematic to me if the usefulness of the weapon expands to [magical] ranged attacks when it has an external power source.

Just my thoughts on this.

Regardless, I like the basic idea here, nicely done.

Thanks for the feedback!

now for the things number:

a) a hard rule on max damage
( @waxbottle higlighted this problem and presented a way to balance the weapon damage and avoid the spell/enchantment hoarding to raise the attack)

b) a logic to how that magical energy is used to enable ranged combat--specifically, magical combat
(This sounds more like "flavor text" the weapon is from the DARKSOULS series. Is a sword that has increased damage based on intellect with a special range attack [not reliable one], reason why i did it to get increase damage based on spell/enchanment and a low accuracy on range).

Just in case you missed the updated one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The ranged element really seems like you're trying to do too many things at once. The spells you're using to power the sword should cover the ranged element. If not, sucks to be that survivor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.