Popular Tags: [View All]
Hannes
Germany
Nähe Stuttgarts
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there...

I preordered First Martians, I do have an Amazon Fire 7 tablet (Fire OS 5.4.0.0 - based on Android) and I would like to use the app on this device. I can't find the app in the amazon app store, which is quite normal, cause a lot of good apps are missing there, but I installed the google play store and normally I can use all the other android apps there. But when I try to install the First Martians app, it says that my device is not compatible with the app.

Anyone with the same problem? Any idea how to fix this? Any chance the app will be uploaded in the amazon app store (I doubt it...)?

Edit: Just tried it again (tried it about 3-4 times before) and now it works..don't know why, but I guess I did something wrong (99% of the time the error sits IN FRONT of the computer, not in it )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not compatible with my nook, but that is normal...mine has an old android software. (Did not try it multiple times.) I did get it very successfully on a newer Samsung tablet...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Parker
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This app has not been installed in the amazon app store, just the Google play app store. Amazon does not allow the Fire tablet to access the Google store, only their own. So, until Portal Games registers the app with Amazon, it cannot be downloaded onto a Fire tablet.

There is a way around this. Download it from Google Play onto a non-amazon android device (like any normal android phone). Then manually transfer the .apk file over to the Fire. It will install automatically.

Unfortunately, when you install it this way, it will never auto-update. So, you will have to repeat this process every time a new version is released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.