Subject: 2 player double divine blessing clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai Wootton
United Kingdom
Clevedon
North Somerset
flag msg tools
Page 1 says to roll twice at the beginning of each round but page 2 seems to indicate you roll twice for each players turn in a round effectively giving you double roll twice per round?

Am I just over thinking this one??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex dhs
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
You roll your dice twice at the beginning of each player turn, not at he beginning of a round
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Wootton
United Kingdom
Clevedon
North Somerset
flag msg tools
I suspected that would be the case, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Libellud Team
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Indeed, you roll your dice twice at the beginning of a player turn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enric C
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. Then it's clearly wrong in the rules. It says beginning of each round.

Will it be fixed in following printings? How does it impact the game, is it harder for the first player with fewer rolls?

https://i.imgur.com/b4r6Hzv.jpg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qcell wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. Then it's clearly wrong in the rules. It says beginning of each round.

Will it be fixed in following printings? How does it impact the game, is it harder for the first player with fewer rolls?

https://i.imgur.com/b4r6Hzv.jpg

You get less stuff. A two player game should function very similarly to a four player game as it pertains to how many resources you collect over the game (36 rolls total for both). This would merely play out with lower scores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My question is: When you get a divine blessing from a card in a two player game (or from being ousted), do you also get two rolls per blessing? (so if a card says you get two divine blessings, does that mean you get four rolls with each die?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No - only reason you get double is to balance number of total rolls in game, since there are fewer players, and you roll at start of every player's turn. Giving 2x per special ability or oust would then be too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Henning
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for this post. I tried asking the same thing on FB a couple months ago, but couldn't get people to see the difference between ROUND and TURN in the rules.

Started the game again tonight with my wife and got me mentally unhinged until I saw this.

Thanks too to the guy who summed it up by saying 36 die rolls. Although, in some ways, I think that the 9 turns is too short.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.