Hide
6 Posts

Black Fleet» Forums » Rules

Subject: Extra Orders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Catfish
msg tools
Just played Black Fleet with my family for the first time last night.

Extra Orders...none of us could figure out how to play this card. Single 5 dabloon bonus understood. How can you deliver goods to two ports in a single turn. Don't you have to discard the fortune card once it's played on the first delivery?

Any help with a clarification is greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually, it's best practice to post the exact wording of the card/rules when asking a question like this.

I can't remember the wording of this card off-hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this card is referring an extra goods order. It essentially treats one delivery as two. The extra delivery order is at a slightly lesser price, but then it saves you the effort of another sea voyage and you get paid right away!

If you have two of the extra orders cards, you can play both on one delivery - as if you had just made three deliveries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Extra Order bonus of five doubloons, you have to deliver the cargo listed on the card to the port specified on the card. If you deliver to another port you don't get bonus. So if you have tobacco you have to deliver it to Santa Claudia for the bonus. Otherwise you just get the normal selling price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bleasdale
United Kingdom
Windsor
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Catfish72 wrote:
Just played Black Fleet with my family for the first time last night.

Extra Orders...none of us could figure out how to play this card. Single 5 dabloon bonus understood. How can you deliver goods to two ports in a single turn. Don't you have to discard the fortune card once it's played on the first delivery?

Any help with a clarification is greatly appreciated.

The first half of the card gives a five doubloon bonus if you make a specific delivery (and it looks as if you understand this).

The second half deals with the case where you are holding multiple Extra Order cards and want to play more than one when you have made a suitable delivery. It is trying to tell you that you're limited to an eight doubloon bonus, no matter how many Extra Order cards you play. You can't, for example, deliver rum to Port-Des-Duques, play three extra order cards, and get 15 bonus doubloons.

I hope you enjoy Black Fleet.

Sebastian Bleasdale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catfish
msg tools
Got it!

One delivery with two cards gets me an 8 point bonus. We were thinking we needed to make two separate deliveries.

Thank you very much for the guidance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.