Subject: Farmers removed in Swedish latest edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Godolakis
Sweden
Göteborg
V.Götaland
flag msg tools
I support Wikileaks. I am anonymous.... I am an atheist...... I obey copyleft....... The Pirate Bay user.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.
Anybody else got a SwedishScandinavian version of the game that can confirm what I see?
AFAIK there is no mentioning about farmers anywhere in the rules. Strange indeed? Why remove them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! I'm curious now... surely that's a mistake... how many pages have you got in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Don't know about the Scandinavian version, but they've removed farmers from the base game in other versions. But, as far as I know, they have always included farmers under variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EMBison wrote:
Don't know about the Scandinavian version, but they've removed farmers from the base game in other versions. But, as far as I know, they have always included farmers under variants.

At least as of the New Art editions of Carcassonne they are on the variant sheet (in the Z-man (NA) version), along where you'd find the rules for the River and Abbots. Though, can understand why it's a variant now as it's one of the hardest things to keep track of in the base set for a new player. Fields can get so big that they become undweildy to eye ball if someone already have a farmer in that field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
We just got the U.S version. The farmers explanation are in the Supplemental Rules, rather than the Core set. The Supplemental Rules though, do come with the core.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Godolakis
Sweden
Göteborg
V.Götaland
flag msg tools
I support Wikileaks. I am anonymous.... I am an atheist...... I obey copyleft....... The Pirate Bay user.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the explanation is probably that they(translators) thought "variant rules" did not need to be translated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Godolakis
Sweden
Göteborg
V.Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re-reading the rules again I did see a reference to "supplementary rules" about farmers but that sheet is apparently missing. I guess the box should contain a separate sheet with optional rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jon songvoll
Norway
Sandefjord
Vestfold
flag msg tools
badge
Besøk JonSpillerSpill.no
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that there is a sheet that contains the supplemental rules about farmers,river,abbott and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
Both the core rules and supplementary rules are available on the developers web site, in English though. Links below.

Z-Man Games Carcassonne
Core Rules
Supplementary Rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Swedes can't farm. too much snow devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.