Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first attempt at a variant. I have wanted a US Agent card with an Avengers affiliation. There is a good US Agent variant with a Force Works affiliation by Doctor Nightmare as part of his Force Works Expansion here: Force Works Expansion

My goal for the character was to (1) incorporate a thrown artifact shield card (2) make him a good damage dealer (3) make him have moments where he was both a good and bad teammate. I will give my thought process about each card above each card. I will post in a manner similar to dontfeedthegreen as I have similar concerns as his. I invite any feed back.

Common 1
Here is my thrown artifact card! Thematically, I wanted the shield to be both a weapon and, of course, a shield. I made the draw from the bottom of the deck so that there is potential to draw another shield thrown artifact.
Not Just For Shielding
Avengers; Range
0+ Attack
Card Text: If any player would gain a wound, you may discard this card. If you do, draw a card from the bottom of your deck.
Thrown Artifact: When you throw this get +2 Attack
Cost 4

Common 2
Thematically, I am representing his role as warden of The Raft after being badly injured. Also, this has potential to help other players while messing with their victory pile.
Raft Warden
Avengers; Covert
2 Recruit
Card Text: If any player would gain a wound, you may discard this card instead. If you do draw a card from the bottom of the deck and capture transfer a Henchman Villain from one other player's Victory Pile to yours your own.
Cost 4

Uncommon
Thematically, I was again trying to make him a difficult teammate as he often got into fights with other Avengers. I removed his Avengers designation for this card to fit with the theme. I also played up his more violent tendencies while also setting up his Rare and interacting with his commons.
Overkill
No Team; Instinct
3 Attack
Card Text: Select any player to gain a wound. Excessive Violence: Defeat a Henchman Villain for free.
Cost 6

Rare
Thematically, I am again making him a difficult teammate by messing with other player's victory pile. However, I only allowed him to get the benefit by being a good teammate by making it activated by an Avengers card. This card also is setup by his other cards and again is loosely based on his role as the warden of The Raft.
Battle Ready
Avenger; Strength
4+ Attack
Card Text: Capture Transfer a Henchman Villain from one other player's Victory Pile to yours your own. Avenger: You get a +1 attack for each Henchman Villain in your Victory Pile.
Cost 8

*Edited to reflect suggestion on changing the wording of card text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a fun set mechanically, though I don't know the character.

Wonder about the phrasing of 'capture' a Henchmen Villain from another player's Victory Pile?
Capture in this game usually means something else.
Maybe 'defeat'? but that would trigger the Fight effect and could make him over-powered.
Maybe you should invent a keyword for taking something from another player's VP and putting it in your own?
Something like 'Incarcerate: Henchmen Villain'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
Looks like a fun set mechanically, though I don't know the character.

Wonder about the phrasing of 'capture' a Henchmen Villain from another player's Victory Pile?
Capture in this game usually means something else.
Maybe 'defeat'? but that would trigger the Fight effect and could make him over-powered.
Maybe you should invent a keyword for taking something from another player's VP and putting it in your own?
Something like 'Incarcerate: Henchmen Villain'?

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. Incarcerate is a good suggestion. I had also thought about Transfer. Incarcerate sounds cooler though. I'll reword it and feel free to let me know if its better.

If not familiar with US Agent, the best way I can describe him is as Captain America but larger, stronger, more violent, and less likeable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Transfer works well as you have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.