Legendary: X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: Piercing energy and interaction with Madelyne Pryor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Poitier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've hit a conundrum with how Piercing works against other types of "bystanders", compared to Human Shields and Hidden Witnesses.

More specifically regarding Madelyne Pryor's Demon Goblins.
They become Bystanders when you defeat them, but they're Demons when they're on Madelyne.

So I played it like getting 6 Piercing damage in a turn allows me to fight Madelyne (disregarding the Goblins, as per what Piercing damage does), but the Goblins stay on her, since they're not Bystanders, hence no auto-rescue.

Is my interpretation correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's the same logic as with Human Shields => once you bypass them, you also rescue them.

Although...in the X-men rules it says that Human Shields are still bystanders. As you say, the Secret Wars rules state that once they are near Madelyne Pryor they cease to be bystanders. Thus, you ignore them as fighting restrictions, but you don't rescue them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Devin Low (the designer) agrees that you bypass the Goblins, but you don't rescue them (I've asked him on the Solo boardgamers legendary facebook group).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.