Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that several groups are playing this game differently than I am. According to my reading of the rules, if the answer is guessed correctly then whoever gave the right answer is the subject of the voters. If the rest of the players correctly determine that the correct answerer is the insider, then the group wins. If they guess wrong, the "hidden" insider wins and proudly reveals their self to the embarrassment of all the other players.

Yet, based on what other groups are doing it seems to me they prefer to look around the table and accuse one of the players as the insider. If someone seconds the motion, a vote is held to determine if the fingered player is an insider or not.

Which is the correct way to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the correct way:

If the correct word was guessed then people have to vote if the correct guesser is the Insider or not...

If he wasn't the insider and was voted that he was then the Insider wins

If he wasn't the Insider and was not voted has the Insider then a 2nd round of votes is begins where everyone will point to the person they think is the Insider...
If the Insider is not the single person with the most votes he wins

In either of the votes if the Insider was discovered he loses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
First you vote on the correct guesser. If a majority agrees that they were the insider then they reveal their card and you see who won. If a majority does not agree that they were the insider then you do a second vote where you can point at anyone, and whoever has the most people pointing at them is accused of being the insider. At that point you reveal their card and see who won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah_Pook wrote:
First you vote on the correct guesser. If a majority agrees that they were the insider then they reveal their card and you see who won. If a majority does not agree that they were the insider then you do a second vote where you can point at anyone, and whoever has the most people pointing at them is accused of being the insider. At that point you reveal their card and see who won.

If a majority does not agree that the guesser was the insider, the guess reveals his card.

If he was the insider, he wins.

It is only if he was not the insider that the second vote occurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.