Subject: Huge Holiday Hit Amongst My Non-Gamer Family! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Huge Holiday Hit Amongst My Non-Gamer Family!

Saturday we had a family cookout and after we partaked of the food we broke out some games to play. I had recently picked up Deception: Murder in Hong Kong after reading positive reviews & watching a few review videos. I wasn't sure how it would go as my family are essentially non-gamers. "Essentially" because we do game when I bring my games to family events.

Never in my wildest dreams would I dream how great Deception went over with my family. We loved it! We ended up playing 5 times with everyone playing the Forensic Scientist at least once. The fun we had trying to figure out the murderer amongst the clues and means was really unexpected - we were making up elaborate plots and stories and suspicions shifted amongst each other, it was hilarious as no two games were the same as each piece of evidence was different every time (due to the large variety!). We had fun regardless if we were successful - the reveal just added to the excitement and stories. " How? What? I called it! " - The shout outs just kept coming regardless of the outcomes. So much fun!

In the end, we vowed to play again the next chance available. Deception really does live up to the hype, imo. A great game for gamers and non-gamers. Does it get any better than that? cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.