Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Graves
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My parents always complain about not having people to play board games with, besides my sister and I.
They like medium weight games: Settlers, splendor, etc.
They're 50s, North of Atlanta.

Are there any individual users who are similar--or better yet, a group that someone could point me towards? Sorry if this is in the wrong forum/sub

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InGA
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Johns Creek / Alpharetta and I am not in my thirties.

I have one friend that I have been teaching to game (more serious) games.

I tend to go Medium to Heavy euro.

I also would be very interesting in Gaming Groups in the Cumming/JohnsCreek/Alpharetta area.

I don't really like using MeetUps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Alton
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a 50+ meetup at George Pierce Park in Suwanee. I've never been to it due to scheduling conflicts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jeez, I'm 51 so I guess I'm older... 😝

The Gwinnett Boardgame Society has a diverse group of members, some of whom are over 50. Usually we go toe-to-toe with anybody of any age in any game, but once in a while we take advantage of the senior facilities (yes, 50 qualifies one as a senior as far as the county parks go) at George Pierce Park in Suwanee.

We'll be there this Saturday:

https://www.meetup.com/boardgames-368/events/240541638/

From our last meetup at Prime Timers Point:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Now I just need to count down another 11 years and I'll get to be a part of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not targeted for older players, but there's a Meetup in Alpharetta at Northpoint Jason's Deli. Many of the players are 40ish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tahan
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please add me to the list of folks interested in a Cumming / North Alpharetta gaming group. Not so concerned about age (I'm in my thirties early forties). Used to play with folks that met at Alpha Soda on Old Milton / Haynes Bridge, but it went defunct several years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Boster
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't already, look into the "Well Played" Meetup group on meetup.com. The group has several meetups around the ATL Metro area, and in particular, there's a meetup every Wednesday evening at Jason's Deli on North Point Parkway (as mentioned above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InGA
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like there are some players of various ages in the Alpharetta area.

I have started a Guild to see if we can gather enough people for a get-together without using meetup.com.

Please see: Alpharetta Gaming Without Meetup

Please feel free to join! (First we need to get some membership. Then we can try to plan something.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Graves
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys! I posted this and then totally forgot about it until I was laying in bed last night.

Thank you for all this information! Very interesting and helpful. Didn't realize there were so many boardgamers in the area... but I guess it makes sense because ATL is pretty big.

Anyways, I will ship some of this info to my parents, and at very least they won't have any excuses for whining that they can't find people to play with! And hopefully, they'll actually go to one of these and see what there is to do!

You guys rock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Graves
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, didn't mean to imply that my folks are prejudiced against young people...

I just imagine that a lot of board game groups centered around game/card shops are full of young people who are heavily involved in a board game/MTG/miniatures in-culture that my parents can't really connect with, because they're pretty new to games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bug McBride
United States
Woodstock
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a local meetup in Canton (see meetup) that is ran by an older gentlemen (Paul) that may be worth checking out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmb

There are a couple of meetups in north Atlanta OTP but none in Alpharetta that I am aware of.

If someone starts one I would be interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Boster
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding meetups in Alpharetta, there is this one that happens on Wednesdays:

https://www.meetup.com/gameswellplayed/events/241165544/

(If you can't see this page, you may have to join the "Well Played" meetup group first.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Handel
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I'm pushing 50 and in Alpharetta if anyone is interested in any gaming locally... War Games, Sports Games and Euro Games... Ok, really, anything...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.