Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Copp
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what I'm using: Sterilite 2 layer (stackable) Christmas ornament storage. Whole thing (4 sets of 2 layers) cost about $45 Canadian. The eight layers that I have store all 8 factions, Azathoth, GlowGOOs, instructions, dice, factions cards, all tokens (I don't have other neutrals, but could fit them with another 2 layers if I was thusly inclined).

I would not use this for painted figures, however mine don't get messed up in there and they suit my purposes very well. I'll usually just take 6 of the eight stacks, choose one or two maps (that go in a canvas bag with my doom tracks), and off I go. The stacks have handles at the top.

As posted this past winter: [geekurl=https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/24567367#24567367][/geekurl] with full credit to bholmes4 who originally posted the idea: [geekurl=https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/21213410#21213410][/geekurl]

This is Christmas storage stuff, the Walmart listing is here: [geekurl=https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/steirilite-adjustable-ornament-case/6000195430204][/geekurl]

You're unlikely to find it nowadays, when bholmes posted this I picked it up at Walmart last December while waiting for CW's arrival. I find it easy to pick the layers I need and head out the door with this stuff. I'd imagine the world of tupperware might have a similar product on the shelves, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow this looks very nice. Smaller boxes are probably a bit more ideal than what I posted, especially if you travel with them. My game stays at my house thus far so the large boxes are ok. They were a cheap solution too so overall I am happy. However I saw someone else recently post that had a nice solution with each faction in their own bin. Looked like dollar store bins too which made me reconsider switching to something smaller as well.

What do you do with the maps and stuff? Still haven't found anything better than the core box (which again is fine as I am not taking it with me to game nights).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
mbmbmbmbmb
I have put all of the non 6-8 player maps into the Dreamlands box. They fit perfectly, though the lid pops up a bit with the library.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
joeyman3 wrote:
I have put all of the non 6-8 player maps into the Dreamlands box. They fit perfectly, though the lid pops up a bit with the library.

The Celano box is bigger for this very purpose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Copp
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've no great maps (and doom track, which also does not fit) solution. The red canvas bag that is visible behind my daughter is what I use. I could halve the weight and volume with a better option, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Copp
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought I'd repost this stuff because I'm seeing a lot of inquiries about storage solutions for OS3 and elsewhere. Although December is a long time off (when you might see this Sterilite in stores), it'd be faster than the time it would take to receive an OS3 shipment. This is all something to bookmark for early December.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandyn
United States
Shorewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hey! Awesome solution. With Onslaught 3, I'm going all in and this looks to be what I'll end up doing. What kind of canvas bag do you use for maps/trackers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Copp
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the canvas bag is nothing special, a standard issue bag from my local grocery store. I also backed OS3, and I'll be picking up a few more of these in anticipation of its arrival.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.