Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Ramm
United States
Northport
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am confused about Tyrant Encounter prior to having enough Progress Points.

On Day 3, Patches was spotted (with a 1 roll) and it says to put the Tyrant Encounter on top. So I ran the Tyrant Encounter (Nom) on Day 4. I was obliterated in Round 2, so I failed the Encounter. The Tyrant Encounter card says to reshuffle back into Encounter Deck if you "back away slowly" (non-combat Option 2).

Since I was defeated, do I still reshuffle it back in, or do as the book says and discard it after it is over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, doing the Tyrant Encounter has nothing to do with your progress points.

Second, if the card doesn't say to shuffle it back in, you should discard it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To maybe clarify, the Tyrant encounter does NOT mean you face off against the tyrant. It is just an encounter that thematically ties into the tyrant you should be facing prior to the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that even though Nom is used in his(?) tyrant encounter, the fight does not count as the final boss fight. Normally, the tyrants are not used in their tyrant encounters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gumps wrote:
To maybe clarify, the Tyrant encounter does NOT mean you face off against the tyrant. It is just an encounter that thematically ties into the tyrant you should be facing prior to the end of the game.

Not that this helps any, but I also misunderstood this and made the same error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
michaelramm wrote:
I am confused about Tyrant Encounter prior to having enough Progress Points.

On Day 3, Patches was spotted (with a 1 roll) and it says to put the Tyrant Encounter on top. So I ran the Tyrant Encounter (Nom) on Day 4. I was obliterated in Round 2, so I failed the Encounter. The Tyrant Encounter card says to reshuffle back into Encounter Deck if you "back away slowly" (non-combat Option 2).

Since I was defeated, do I still reshuffle it back in, or do as the book says and discard it after it is over?

It seems to me that you would only reshuffle this encounter card back into the deck if you choose option 2. Otherwise, you should discard it.
Either way, you lose a day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.