Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been wanting to master this game after playing this at WBC a few years ago. Now that I have the Lost Battalion edition I am setting aside some time to review the rules before I begin teaching this to others.

As a result, I need some help starting with page 6 of the rulebook:

6.1.2.1 ...a mobile Ship could play up to four cards in a single Turn - normal Broadside, Rake, Boarding Party, and Grape Broadside CARDS. ...a Rake can be played in combination with a Broadside or Grape card - but NOT both.

=============================================================

Ok, is it me or the rulebook? First of all, I cannot find anywhere in my newly opened game a card that says "Grape Broadside". Does it really exist?

Secondly, if a mobile ship can play up to four cards in a single Turn NOT WITHSTANDING the restriction that you cannot use a Rake with both a Broadside and a Grape card, is it correct to assume that the mobile ship would be attacking two ships in order to use all 4 cards in one turn? Or does it mean that no more than 4 cards can be played in a single attack, assuming there could be multiple broadsides in the mix?

I hope the rest of the rulebook is clearer with its other rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I cannot recall the exact rule as I don't have the book in front of me but I can answer your questions from memory as I have played this quite a bit.

First, there is not a separate grapeshot card. You play a normal broadside card within the normal rating restrictions, or you bluff with one that you normally could not use due to those same restrictions.

Second, it is your choice how to split (or not) those combined actions. You can assign all to one target, or assign a broadsideto one target and a rake to another. Each damage total from a card is assigned in full to the declared target. I.E. you cannot split damage from a single broadside card to different targets.

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.