Axis Empires: Dai Senso!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Getting off a beachhead rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again, I just want to verify that I'm playing this correctly.

The US places a beachhead facing an enemy-owned, unoccupied island. Infantry is transported to the BH in the Op Move Phase. Initially, it appeared to me that the US infantry has to wait until the BH Maintenance Phase of the next Western Allies turn to do an Inland Advance.

However, I'm concerned that the Japanese could just move a unit into the port from a different naval zone in their turn before this happens.

So this would lead me to believe that the US infantry could move off the BH onto the unoccupied island in the Reserve Movement Phase. Perhaps Inland Advance is intended for situations when a BH defender vacates the BH target hex during its turn?

Is it correct that the US infantry can come off the BH in Reserve Move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Eastbourne, England (Yankee go home!)
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes. Look at the beachhead example in 3.1.1. The example cites how a unit can move off the beachhead (only in the direction of the arrow) during the reserve movement phase if otherwise permitted.

The inland advance (2.2.2) is mandatory during the beachhead maintenance phase (so long as the exit hex is free of enemy units) and is intended to get units off a beachhead so it can be removed as unnecessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe A. Redjac
China
Beijing
Beijing
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
boyinblue1 wrote:
Is it correct that the US infantry can come off the BH in Reserve Move?

That is correct. Reserve Movement is like Operational Movement except for the few differences listen under (5.).

Keep in mind though that if the unit is Blitz Enabled, then it can already leave the BH in step 3 of the Blitz Combat Phase (4.1.3) into an empty hex. You can then still move it again in the Reserve Movement Phase.

Also worth of note in that regard:

- If you have a BH on board when you get Blitz markers, then you must place one of them on your BH (2.2.4).
- Units on a SNLF BH marker are Blitz Enabled (Glossary).

Not very relevant to your specific example given above and moving off in the Reserve Phase may already be all you need there. But there may be other opportunities to take advantage of the Beachhead Landing of 4.1.3. Especially if you keep in mind the possibilty exists and how to bring it about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.