6 Posts

Race for the Galaxy: Rebel vs Imperium» Forums » General

Subject: Ease vs. Robot player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Connor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I have played less than a half-dozen games of RacefG and 3 of RollfG. I played one of base game variant "The First Emperor". Followed by:

Expansion 1 - goo Me vs. robot Robot (medium)
138 - 72

Expansion 1+2 - goo Me vs. robot Robot (hard)
I chose the Imperial start world for me and the Rebel for the bot (b/c the Rebel one seems better to me). I wanted to see how these matched up.
136 - 91

Granted in both games the bot got some bad draws, but the scores were not even remotely close. I like the bot version of solo, but is it supposed to be this easy? Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Robot without variants is extremely challenging for a new player, even on the easiest difficulty. Give that a try perhaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Connor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:
The Robot without variants is extremely challenging for a new player, even on the easiest difficulty. Give that a try perhaps.

Perhaps I was not clear. The Expansion 1 and the Expansion 1+2 were played without variants. My point is that this was not challenging in the least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those sound like some high scores for RvI. I'd double check that you have the correct rules, such as tableau/VP chip ending, one card play per develop/settle phase (barring card powers) and consume phase ordering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I'll second Mark's comment. These scores look very strange, with much higher numbers on both sides than is typical. Based on them, I would wager that some rule is not being followed correctly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Connor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Solved

After playing another 2-player game the other night I figured out what I was doing wrong in the Robot games.

My first solitaire game was "The First Emporer". In this variant the game only ends when the deck runs out of cards.

Although in multiplayer games the game has always ended (so far) by someone reaching 12 cards in their tableau, I wasn't ending the Robot games until either the deck or the 24 vps ran out.

In another post Tom had said that extending a multiplayer game hadn't changed the winner. I'll wager it will in a Robot game.

A new challenge to look forward to!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.