Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Catan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trouble with cities and knights rules on barbarian attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aviram Tavor
msg tools
Hello, I'm new to this expansion, and had trouble understanding the rule about losing to the barbarians.
Which player loses his city?
The rules state the one with the least active knights, but what about non active knights?
I mean, for example:
Anna has 2 knights, both active. Bob has 2 knights, only one of them active. Chad has 2 non active knights. Assuming all have cities, no metropolis.
Which one loses his city?
Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Aviram Tavor wrote:
Hello, I'm new to this expansion, and had trouble understanding the rule about losing to the barbarians.
Which player loses his city?
The rules state the one with the least active knights, but what about non active knights?
I mean, for example:
Anna has 2 knights, both active. Bob has 2 knights, only one of them active. Chad has 2 non active knights. Assuming all have cities, no metropolis.
Which one loses his city?
Thanks.


The English rules say: "The barbarians pillage one city belonging to the player who had the lowest total strength of active knights when the barbarians attacked." (Emphasis mine)

The only thing that matters is the strength of each player's active knights.

Chris has 0 strength of active knights, so Chris loses a city.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aviram Tavor
msg tools
dcclark wrote:


Chris has 0 strength of active knights, so Chris loses a city.

You mean Chad from my example?
I also forgot to mention that all knight are level 1, but it doesn't change anything in that example. (right?)

thanks for your help
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Aviram Tavor wrote:
dcclark wrote:


Chris has 0 strength of active knights, so Chris loses a city.

You mean Chad from my example?
I also forgot to mention that all knight are level 1, but it doesn't change anything in that example. (right?)

thanks for your help


Wow, yes, I meant Chad. Somehow I re-read that 5 different times and got "Chris" each time!

It is important to account for the knights' strength. But in this example, Chad is the only one with 0, no matter what the others' have. So, in this example, nothing would change if (for example) Anna had a level 1 and a level 2 active.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aviram Tavor
msg tools

Thanks you very much!
May the spirits of the mighty dice bless us with plenty of resource and protect us from the evils of robbers!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.