Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me know what you think.

Rommel
Roll +1 die in defense if attacked by armor.

German Panzers
Roll 6 dice in battle.

Italian Infantry
Starting in March 1941 Italians are hit on a 5-6 when defending if not attacked by armor.

Italian Armor
Only automatically take hits on a roll of 5 but not on a 6 in combat unless they are with the 90.

Ariete
Starting in April 1941 Ariete roll 4 dice in combat.

Trenta/Folgore/Para
Each roll 4 dice in combat.

Reinforcement/Removal
Free French arrive January 1942
10th Indian arrives on May 1942
51st Infantry arrives on August 1942
Pistolio arrives on August 1942
Centor arrives on September 1942
June 1942 Air arrives September 1942
Montgomery arrives on a roll of 6 on June-August 1942. Always arrives September 1942.
Remove Australian 9 on November 1941 and Australian 7 on December 1941.

Fortress ZOC and Supply
Units in a fortress do not exert ZOC they are out of supply if they cannot trace but are not eliminated. Instead they lose 1 step.

Malta
Do not roll for Malta until July 1941. Starting in December 1941 roll a die each turn. On a 3-6 Malta roll is voided for 5 turns and automatically on March 1942. After those 5 turns roll 1 die at the end of the fifth turn. On a 6 Malta is captured and the roll is never again made. Remove Folgere, 51 Para, and 1 Axis air unit. Allied RP is -4. On a result of 5 Folgere and 51 Para are removed but Allied RP is -1 and the August 1942 air unit is removed.

End Game Victory
1 VP per fortress. ½ VP per town in Egypt.

1 VP per enemy leader block eliminated (they take the last hit in combat)

1 VP per British/German Infantry in the Pool, ½ VP per Commonwealth/Italian Infantry in the pool, 2 VP per British/Italian Armor in the pool and 2 ½ VP per German armor in the pool at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schubert
United States
Port Republic
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These rules look interesting. Will give them a try my next game. Are you also using the rule changes introduced at Prezcon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear what changes are those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Looby
United States
Wadhams
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean,
Pistolia is Pistoia division
Centor is Centauro an armored unit.

I like some of your rules.

I'll check them out.

I am about to scrutinize the OOBs 90th light formed in late October.
I am in a hurry right now.

Matt Looby

Holdfast:Tunisia 1942-1943

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Looby
United States
Wadhams
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The are in the forum--- we use them at Prezcon for Holdfast NA. See my posts if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What time does the 90th arrive in the game? My copy is not handy right now.

I noticed those two Italian units were misspelled but kept them as is anyway. However, I was not sure if Centauro had their tanks when they arrived. I guess they did.

Are you designing Holdfast: Tunisia? That is one campaign that would match up perfectly with this system. Also, isn't their plans for a Holdfast: Italy game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Looby
United States
Wadhams
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 90th Light enters play in January 1942, a little late.

That was a good question, I double-checked, Centauro had its tanks.

Yes, HF:Tunisia! We played some fun games at Prezcon; we players think it's a dynamic game.

I believe Italy would be fun. I always liked Anzio from A/H. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait for Tunisia.

That said, if they don't have plans for Italy I could make it happen. I have been working on a game and it could be converted to the Holdfast system. I wonder...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Looby
United States
Wadhams
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tunisia was built to help the student or cadet learn more about the campaign. The map terrain is fascinating.

Fallschirmjäger Witzig!!! Where are you????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.