Fred Schachter
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Greetings and a Happy 4th of July Holiday!

I'm new to the Phoenix, AZ.area from the east, from Charlotte, N.C., and am now, due to a new job in Arizona, a resident of Scottsdale.

I'm a veteran "grognard" war gamer of many years, my first game was Avalon Hill's D-Day 1961, as well as a game designer/developer.  Besides playing games "just for fun"; I'd very much appreciate getting any local gamers' insights and feedback for games I'm developing for GMT, as well as learning more of the local gaming scene beyond awaiting Consimworld Expo 2018 in Tempe, AZ.

The GMT games I'm developing run the gamut of traditional war games to "Euro-style". There'll hopefully be at least one to pique Valley of the Sun gaming interest.  These are:

The Seven Years War: Frederick's Gamble - designed by Greg Ticer, this is a traditional CDG based on Mark McLaughlin's The Napoleonic Wars.

Ancient Civilizations of the Inner Sea -  a Euro-style game.  No dice!  Lots of "wooden bits" and cards (which introduce a luck factor). It is designed by the team of Mark McLaughlin and Chris Vorder Brugge

Hitler's Reich: A Card Conquest System Game - a simple game with dice and cards designed by Mark McLaughlin... in complexity it lies between the first two titles mentioned, more towards the simpler end of the game system complexity scale.  It uses "wooden bits" for pieces and has both conflict and event cards

In particular, it would be grand if some local gamers would be willing to help playtest Ancient Civilizations of the Inner Sea. If there are any interested Phoenix-Area gamers, or a game club, please contact me at msfs060849@aol.com

Thanks and great gaming to you all !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I live in Germany, so it's quite complicated to play testing... Hehehe, BUT! now that you are here...

How developed is the game?? I'm really looking forward to knowing more about it any date aprox to have it finished? I guess it will be 2018, but beginning or ending of the year?

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Schachter
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Hello Carlos,

The game is really coming along and Mark McLaughlin's hand-drawn play-test map is being considered for a professional art rendition by GMT's Graphics Team. More to come regarding that.

As to you living in Germany being an impediment... that may not be an obstacle since there already is a Germany-based ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS OF THE INNER SEA play test group.

Carlos, they meet in Kiel. If you can join them, even if for an occasional visit, please contact me at msfs060849@aol.com and I'll gladly make introductions.

Thanks for your interest in ANCIENT CIVILIZTIONS OF THE INNER SEA !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Fred!

Are you interested in 2 player play testing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Schachter
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Andreas,

Are you in the Phoenix area? If yes, please reach out to me directly at my msfs060849@aol.com email address.

We can then arrange a play-testing session. Feed-back would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your interest in ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS OF THE INNER SEA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Schachter
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Greetings,

We'll be playing ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS OF THE INNER SEA during this Saturday, 10/28/17'a AZGamers meet. See AZboardgamers@googlegroups.com

I can teach how to play the game in a matter of minutes.

We're considering a mix of live players with one or two "Non-Player Civilizations" run by the game's solitaire mechanics.

A fun and entertaining time should be enjoyed by all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.