Subject: Doors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Schmidt
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So what is the point of the stand up 3D doors? There is no markings on them to show they are locked or barricaded or unlocked. I assume you can put the token under them? Seems like a waste of time and clutter on board. Or you could draw a token from a pile to represent the 3D door on the board. Anyone using them and if so how are you using them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Demetrio B
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, i'm using them, i think they look great. I just put all the tokens in a bag or a bowl and draw when i'm encountering a door. If the door doesn't opens i place the token beside it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll admit that, iirc, during the campaign I commented similar on the KS, stating that cardboard 3D doors seemed somewhat pointless.

But having tried them I agree with the devs reason for adding them - they do add to the board (at least for me).

Of course, that's going to be subjective, so YMMV.

When using them, I keep the Door Tokens in a random pile/cup/bag and when someone tries a 3D door I pick a token for it (and, depending on the token result, usually remove the 3D door).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Grosshans
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Demetrio mentioned above, and Judgement Dave has so awesomely advised: put the door tokens in a bag and draw them out, and remove the 3D doors from the board as you do so.

Not only does it speed up the game for set up, it also looks great! I played a game last night with the 3d doors and tokens in a bag and it worked great.

Also, Judgement Dave has print outs to make 3D lockers/file cabinets so you can do the same with those "locker tokens"! I highly recommend. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Schmidt
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Used 3D doors and picked tokens out of bag worked well. Played a 3 player game for 1st time and got our ass kicked. Memories scenario and Warden was released on us got VCR tape that's was about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I glued the doors down to the tokens, this makes them more stable and you can flip them to see door type.

I also felt like this was cluttered and rolling dice knocked over doors often.

I just put a little bit of white glue on the bottom of the door and now they look great and work as expected.

I just put a marker on a door that has been discovered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamPeacock wrote:
I glued the doors down to the tokens, this makes them more stable and you can flip them to see door type.

I just put a little bit of white glue on the bottom of the door and now they look great and work as expected.

Though it becomes unintentionally easier to track the odds of a door type appearing as you've split the tokens into subsets by the different designs of the 3D doors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JudgementDave wrote:
AdamPeacock wrote:

Though it becomes unintentionally easier to track the odds of a door type appearing as you've split the tokens into subsets by the different designs of the 3D doors.

Ya that would be the case if i took the time to memorize what colour door has what...but to be honest I will never play the game enough to remember the door/token combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Schmidt
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looks good. I'm sure there is a way to divide the door types with token types also. I will defently check it out and glue as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I must admit that aside from any possible side-effects of splitting the token pool up into sub-pools, I'd not glue the tokens to the 3D doors just in case new/different door tokens are released.

Though that's not an issue if you're certain that you'd not get/use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.