Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
D&F Fans,

We are working on an expansion to The Dragon & Flagon, and have nine new characters pretty much nailed down. And they are really fun and cool.

But we also want to include new types of furniture and props, or perhaps an NPC or two. And, honestly, we're not sure what you'd like to see.

So we'd like to hear your ideas! This would be for either (or both) sides of the board - the tavern or the ship.

Let us know your idea, and the basics of the game effect it will have. Post them here in the thread, or send me a geekmail.

If we use your idea we'll shower you with praise and give you a shout-out in the rules!

Excited to see what you come up with!

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about something you can pickup and throw with an AoE? Bombs don't make thematic sense ... but maybe oil lamps or potion bottles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Bunker
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought the barkeep and bar piece should be added to the game. For the bar I'd allow players to get some sort of healing draught or such from it. I also like the idea of a cauldron piece, perhaps that could be used in some way that if you move across it that employs some sort of time limited bonus, like invisibility or a speed boost, etc.

I also like the idea of animated automotons, like the brooms in Fantasia or say a mystically animated suit of armor which would be an NPC with its own movement deck to "program" it and would attack the nearest troublemaker. Finally I thought the addition of familiars, a parrot for the pirate etc, for some of the characters would be quite interesting. They could be programmed separately or brought out with a card as a boost, but if someone captured them youd loose them for the rest of the game. Like I say, just some thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Bunker
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry one last thought I didn't add previously would be specifically for the ship side. Add a "pitch" and "roll" mechanic to the game with a random card deck which would move players on the ship before cards are played randomly 1 to X spaces in a cardinal direction. This could mess up peoples plans and cause damage by hitting objects in the way when you were thrown about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
How about an NPC monkey? Maybe when it was within a certain range and you did a pickup action, it would bring you a small item to throw. Maybe with the right action you could have it snag an item from another player. Not sure how you'd move it around the board, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan kilgore
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a shout out to old Swashbuckler and throw a sudden death into the fray? The most damage in one hit right now is 7 from a riposte.

If you are holding the dragon flagon and reveal riposte while getting hit your attacker must die with his payment of 8.

Make it an optional addition and figure it to be an extra swig of the magic that does the trick.

arrrharrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Brown
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything is better with the introduction of fire!

Maybe a fireplace which does horrible things to you if you are pushed into it.

And torches which can be grabbed and used as weapons...

And fire tokens which can spread around the map...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Brown
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh... and portals!

Portals that can be moved around the board... giving new movement possibilities...

And new ranged attack possibilities...

Then combine them with fire! Who wouldn't want to push their foe through a portal with the other end in the fireplace!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see the town drunk stagger around but miraculously never getting hit by anyone. Not sure how that would translate to game mechanics, but luckily that's your job, Geoff ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And what the game really needs is a "street sideboard" so I can throw people out through a window :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd actually like to see a reduction in possible actions. So players are a bit more forced to make the best of what they have over always having all options. Maybe some sort of magical item, a pandoras box or such, that introduces a limit of cards in hand (and further reduces the limit for every use) but gives strong new random abilities similar in power to the flagon's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Perna

New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's part of me that want's to see something truly insane ... like a moose head on the wall that can fall on somebody's head if you throw something at it while a player is underneath it.

It's not uncommon to see hunting trophies in taverns and lodges where hunting is a big draw. If you successfully pull it off, maybe it could have a lasting effect until the player plays a "pick up" card to pull it off them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.R. Knight
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon & Flagon has so many wonderful thematic elements with the chairs, tables, barrels, mugs, and carpets. How about adding the five "B's"

Bar - I agree with the earlier comment. We need an actual bar in the tavern. Often when bar fights break out someone hides behind the bar, gets thrown over the bar, gets slid along the bar, etc. (not sure how this would work on the ship side)

Bottles - What good bar fight doesn't have some bottles smashed over people's heads. Make it do minimal damage when thrown but have some sort of stun ability when used in melee. (would also work on ship side)

Barkeep - We need the lovable barkeep who lets us tell him all our troubles, but then attacks us with a broom when we get rowdy. (could work on ship side as they guy sweeping the deck getting upset you are messing up the work he already did)

Bouncer - The strong quiet type until things get bad. He wouldn't enter the fight at first as he is letting the patrons blow off steam but once some trigger occurs he wades into the fray and attacks the person nearest him. (could work on ship side as random sailor who joins the fight)

Bard - What good fantasy tavern exists without a bard (or western tavern without a piano player)? Someone needs to add the theme music to the fight. Bard could have two elements. If he is hit in combat, you take a penalty of some type as he is an innocent bystander. If you take an action to give him a tip, he can play your favorite music that inspires you to fight better. (could work on ship side as just a musician goading on the fight)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NPC patrons of the tavern who pretty much just sit there minding their own business as the fight rages on around them -- until someone bumps them, causing them to spill their drink.

Then they get up, smash someone, and order another drink.

Edit: Or an NPC barmaid/server who walks around and must be avoided for similar reasons (if you make her spill something, she'll get you)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a serving platter -- thrown weapon, can rebound off the first target and keep going?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
InnRoadsMike wrote:
There's part of me that want's to see something truly insane ... like a moose head on the wall that can fall on somebody's head if you throw something at it while a player is underneath it.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it alright.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Brown
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be a way for someone to take an arrow to the knee...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the great ideas everyone! We've got a lot to chew on...

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another possibility would be to make the ship side of D&F more like a moba by adding minions and cannons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Capps
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What about shelves? I used to love pushing a 3 shelf high stack over on a hapless pirate. It was especially satisfying if there were mugs on said shelf!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Zealey
msg tools
Stairs and a balcony
Brawling in a market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Roache
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just played the game a few nights ago - everyone loved it BTW, what about:

Caltrops - vomit or broken stuff - cross it fall on it = ouch
Barkeep/drink server
other patrons - priest, the guy giving out adventures (that guy your always supposed to go meet), or drunks.
Other location Town square
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Roswurm
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you please tell us what the 9 new architypes the 9 characters are? Thanks a zillion. Big fan! Like to see a Druid turn into a bear and wreck the furniture. Also like to see the floor break through the wood into pitfalls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
undinefuerte wrote:
Can you please tell us what the 9 new architypes the 9 characters are? Thanks a zillion. Big fan! Like to see a Druid turn into a bear and wreck the furniture. Also like to see the floor break through the wood into pitfalls.

Keeping that close to the vest for now. But bears may be involved...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.