Jeff Wright
United States
Grovetown
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First let me say that this game was a huge hit over the fourth holiday. Played many games with different team with several friends and when the games were finished they all wanted a copy..without exception.

We had several questions.

If this is a line of scrimmage with 123 on one side and 456 on the other can 2 block number 6? We were not sure. Most thought so but then most also thought that if the block was successful 6 would be pushed back but 2 could not advance because of the players on the diagonals (3 and 5). Any thoughts?

2. We had a player with the ball bet tackled with a crushing tackle which knocked down the player. The ball scatter roll was doubles...this means the downed player miraculously picks up the ball and the down is over?

3. In a partial success the opposing team gets a move action with half the move value. That means a player with a movement of 7 gets a modified movement of 4 which also means that the 7 player could move 2 squares and block/tackle/throw/etc? At first we were playing that the player could just move and do nothing but move. Which is right?

Thanks in advance for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grainywagons wrote:
First let me say that this game was a huge hit over the fourth holiday. Played many games with different team with several friends and when the games were finished they all wanted a copy..without exception.

We had several questions.

1. 123
If this is a line of scrimmage with 123 on one side and 456 on the other can 2 block number 6? We were not sure. Most thought so but then most also thought that if the block was successful 6 would be pushed back but 2 could not advance because of the players on the diagonals (3 and 5). Any thoughts?

2 may block 6. after a success, that player may make a free move into the space with no penalty

2. We had a player with the ball bet tackled with a crushing tackle which knocked down the player. The ball scatter roll was doubles...this means the downed player miraculously picks up the ball and the down is over?

I'm not sure on this one, has not happened with me yet, sorry. I assume he is down. I'm sure someone can confirm or deny this.

3. In a partial success the opposing team gets a move action with half the move value. That means a player with a movement of 7 gets a modified movement of 4 which also means that the 7 player could move 2 squares and block/tackle/throw/etc? At first we were playing that the player could just move and do nothing but move. Which is right?

It's just a move, the activated player may not take an action.

Thanks in advance for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1: Block, yes (both the roll and the push if successful); follow-up move, no (barring Squeeze Play). There's not enough space to move through the gap.

2: That's correct. He corralled the ball on the ground before anybody else could get it, but he's still tackled.

3: Just a half-move, no other actions of any sort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If your diagram is trying to look like

Then yes, 2 can block 6, but he cannot follow-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#1. No free move through a diagonal if players are on both sides, unless one or both are currently knocked down

Answer thread

#2. Yep ball is down play is over

Answer thread

#3. Goblin nailed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha ha ninjas every one of you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
grainywagons wrote:

Glad to hear it!meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the correction on 1, my bad. And the ask a ninja refrence. I have not thought of that guy since like 2005.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.